Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rosyposy)
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!
synaesthesia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Haha, we didn't set an agenda for ours, other than the emergency resolution. If I posted what it involved, I'd probably have the CIA onto me, but ECOSOC clapped as soon as the soundclip finished playing

But I'm rather worried about our GA -we didn't pass a serious resolution on Tsunami aid and failed a joke one on more biscuits for delegates... what was wrong?!

PS - yes, City of London Girls. i.e. the grey shoe-box in the Barbican...
Gerard
Report 14 years ago
No offense but those are rather huge and interesting issues for debate. Peace in the Middle East! possibly one of the most important agendas in the world today? Vital for long run global stability. Massive vested interests for most countries involved, al the middle eastern countries, America, European countries ect. The Drugs pattenting is also a major issue, the drugs that could treat aids and other diseases could be produced extremely cheaply in africa its just they are unable to do so sine the drugs are patented which keep cost extremely high. However the research that goes into these drugs means that protecting there right to patent ensures that research in the future is profitable and therefore carried out. I believe the solution is that countries pay o buy the patents of these drug companies. I agree AIDS is a bit same old same old but still an important issue. As for indigenous people you should really enjoy that one, wheter you take a serious pose or a joke one, its generally an excuse to be exceptionally ernest and passionate or to be generally racist. There are enough indigenous people out there to have a good go at people like Austrailia and america. And whenever you talk about america you open up floodgates of potential abuse.
KuinKra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I went to that a few times when I was in 6th form (BISMUN). It's great fun, as long as you don't take it too seriously; when I was on the SC for china I submitted a resolution for the topic "current threats to international security" that covered the United Nations' response to alien invasion .
Some of the toffs got really offended and tried to have a go at me for wasting "time and resources of the United Nations". I would have laughed if they weren't so serious about it.

Oh, and when you're there make sure you give the Eton kids hell. Stuck up *******s.
synaesthesia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gerard)
No offense but those are rather huge and interesting issues for debate.
True, but only for the first MUN you do... there comes a point when you're debating Middle East policy for the 10th time, and the US vetos the SC resolution at the end of the 2 hour debate for the 3rd time... etc. etc.
leftbank
Report 14 years ago
hi all.

googlised BISMUN and ended up here.

This is my 4th year at BISMUN. Last year I was Libya on Committee 1 (very close to winning the Point of Order Award), and this year I am taking Denmark on the Security Council. Finally get my shot at the big time. Bit nervous though, small room, maximum attention

I'm really looking forward to it and hope it'll be a good show as this is my final year. Wouldn't mind winning a gvel either
RachelBabyfrog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by K'uin K'ra)
Oh, and when you're there make sure you give the Eton kids hell. Stuck up *******s.
*grin* One of my friends is going with the sole aim of chatting up Eton boys... or so she says.
leftbank
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
*grin* One of my friends is going with the sole aim of chatting up Eton boys... or so she says.
warn her against the kimbolton boys. some of them have too many hormones for their own good
RachelBabyfrog
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by leftbank)
warn her against the kimbolton boys. some of them have too many hormones for their own good
Duly noted

Two of my delegation are aghast at the 'no low cut tops/very short skirts' dress code... one of them has pointed out that she can't be held responsible for a terrible event like a few buttons popping off a blouse
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Duly noted

Two of my delegation are aghast at the 'no low cut tops/very short skirts' dress code... one of them has pointed out that she can't be held responsible for a terrible event like a few buttons popping off a blouse
How slutty
RachelBabyfrog
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
How slutty
lol, yes... but it's all in good fun
QuackQuack
Report 14 years ago
Damned Eton boys... :mad:
RachelBabyfrog
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by QuackQuack)
Damned Eton boys... :mad:
*Grin* I wouldn't worry. I don't think she'll like them as much as she imagines!
InterCity125
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This sounds as interesting as a trainspotters convention...
Syntax
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It sounds really interesting.. I'm sad enough to watch U.N meetings on the BBC Parliament channel so I would love this, if I could actually go that is
QuackQuack
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by InterCity125)
This sounds as interesting as a trainspotters convention...
Hey, I'm going to it! Lol. Im from Wellsway.
Cthulhufiend
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yo ABC it's Catherine. :P

Anyone here going to be in the Middle Eastern committee at Kingswood?
QuackQuack
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cthulhufiend)
Yo ABC it's Catherine. :P

Anyone here going to be in the Middle Eastern committee at Kingswood?
Hi Catherine! Tee hee.
-RJ-
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm going... I think- but hell knows what country/committee cos we're so poorly organised!

:cool: RJ
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads