Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm kinda finished with MUN by this stage, but in the last couple of years I've been to THIMUN, SAIMUN and PAMUN as well as Royal Russell and Haileybury in this country.
    Unfortunately my school isn't doing SAIMUN this year because it falls during school time and a bunch of us have already missed a week for THIMUN (which was awesome by the way). It's even more annoying because we wanted to go back to SAIMUN and defend our winning of both Outstanding Delegation awards last year.
    Anyway, I might be going to Haileybury next month, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered, I'll probably just be roped-in to help train the newbies. Although, it might be fun to win one last award... and they do great lunches there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cthulhufiend)
    Yo ABC it's Catherine. :P

Anyone here going to be in the Middle Eastern committee at Kingswood?
    heylo! what school are you from? i know its all over now but i was Russia.... not on Midddle East but in GA3....did u have fun? was the delegate from Russia good fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerard)
    I have fairly standard topics, child soldiers (i think that comes up every year) abortion (that should be interesting since religoius tensions hopefully will fly), rights of same sex couples (DEFINITE religious tension here sinc esome countries still kill people for being homosexuals) and combatting racism (being prejudice against Turkey i do not feel qualified to talk about this).
    To Franz, the Model United nations is a conference aimed at emulating what the real |United nations do. Each candidate is given a country to represent and agendas to discuss. It helps young people understand global affairs and improve there debating skills. It is also a lot of fun if you want it to be and the night life is cool since you get to meet lots of new and random people (although this can be a double edged sword!).
    hello Gerard, it is I, Rosie from Belfast, Oxford and Bath for the second time now. How did you enjoy the conference? i thought it was wicked. Where did you stay?? What uni are you going to now Oxford hasn't turned out right....it didnt for me either...didnt think the night life was as good in Bath this year as ti has been...

ReputationRep:
    i used to do PMUN (prague model united nations) but that's not exactly what you're asking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monii)
    i used to do PMUN (prague model united nations) but that's not exactly what you're asking about
    is it good? do you do any others or did u do any others? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebird)
    Hey im on Turkey
    Is anyone else going. Please post
    when is it? i went to BISMUN... have you been there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Haileybury is cool
    Except in Catwoman.

ReputationRep:
    This may seem exceptionally ramdom but are you the Rosy from Cheedle Hume I was rather rude to in Belfast? This is Benin SC from Eton if that jogs your memroy, we ran into each other in Oxford. I would like to appolagise again for being rude (i had far to much to drink and had recently practically given up sleep). I have already written one reply which failed to print so I am going to keep this short. Anyway I am going to Bath this year and hope to see you there, I am in the second Human Rights council as algeria (I htink its algeria it might be Albania). I am thourghly looking forward to it and am going to be keen this year (previously I have been chucked out 4 time in two conferences so far, not a great track record but I feel justified in a least two of those cases). Am off to Heileybury this year as well if anyone else is going there. Up for any pre session lobying since I think all is very fair in a world where if you let serious people run unchecked they can turn MUN into one of the most dull experiances of your life, you should never take yourself too seriously in these issues I feel (note that does not mean that you do not need to take the issues as seroius just not yourself, I hope there is a distinction).

hey Algeria this is stef aka Vladimir hope you had a fun-diddle-scrumptious wknd at Bath, i know me and Vlad certainly did! personally i think we had the most fun in our committee, even the chair (meredith) agreed we rocked! sorry about our delegation wiping the floor with you, but you guys did it to us last year! and we had the hats on our side!
    how come you bunch of reprobates don't do Dublin MUN its blatently far superior to silly Haileybury and would give us another opportunity to wipe the floor with you!
    i got a fantastic txt msg last night off Bumpy the camel, he's doing well, now living in a sanctuary for abused camels, he's gaining weight and is beginning to deal with the psychological consequences of being hurled around UNCHR and camel-napped numerous times!

hope all is well with you xxxx Vladimir and Stef

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosyposy)
    is it good? do you do any others or did u do any others? xx
    just this one...and honestly it sucks. it's not an international MUN, there are just Czech people (and it¨s in Czech)

ReputationRep:
    hey Algeria this is stef aka Vladimir hope you had a fun-diddle-scrumptious wknd at Bath, i know me and Vlad certainly did! personally i think we had the most fun in our committee, even the chair (meredith) agreed we rocked! sorry about our delegation wiping the floor with you, but you guys did it to us last year! and we had the hats on our side!
    how come you bunch of reprobates don't do Dublin MUN its blatently far superior to silly Haileybury and would give us another opportunity to wipe the floor with you!
    i got a fantastic txt msg last night off Bumpy the camel, he's doing well, now living in a sanctuary for abused camels, he's gaining weight and is beginning to deal with the psychological consequences of being hurled around UNCHR and camel-napped numerous times!

hope all is well with you xxxx Vladimir and Stef
    I was Italy on UNCHR 2 Glad to hear Bumpy is doing well!

We saw you at the service station and my friend said, 'Wow- it's Russia! I feel so humbled... at the same service stations as the best delegation!'

ReputationRep:
    heylo! what school are you from? i know its all over now but i was Russia.... not on Midddle East but in GA3....did u have fun? was the delegate from Russia good fun?
    Congratulations Russia! The Russian delegate in Middle East was a really good speaker. Nice hats by the way!
    I'm from Wellsway school in Keynsham (we represented Egypt). What did you all think of Bath? Did you get a chance to visit the Abbey?
    The Secretary General had the most gorgeous hair. I tried to catch his eye but sadly failed. The singing chav from the UK delegation blatantly should audition for the X-factor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
    I was Italy on UNCHR 2 Glad to hear Bumpy is doing well!

We saw you at the service station and my friend said, 'Wow- it's Russia! I feel so humbled... at the same service stations as the best delegation!'
    hehehe this is Russia GA3, the other girl in Russia....Vlad is a legend, interesting, but a legend all the same!! this is Rosie btw! did u have a good time?? was that at burger king we saw u all? its so great meeting people, half the fun! (or three quarters!) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cthulhufiend)
    Congratulations Russia! The Russian delegate in Middle East was a really good speaker. Nice hats by the way!
    I'm from Wellsway school in Keynsham (we represented Egypt). What did you all think of Bath? Did you get a chance to visit the Abbey?
    The Secretary General had the most gorgeous hair. I tried to catch his eye but sadly failed. The singing chav from the UK delegation blatantly should audition for the X-factor!
    HAHAHAHHAHHA the singing chav how actualli hilarious was that 'living on a prayer' over the general assembly!! hehehhe. he was staying at out hotel! ill pass on ur kind compliment to mark, he'll be well happy. thanks for the congratulations. bath is such good fun, it was our 3rd time there. good old pinky annan the sec gen, wen he came to our MUN we put his hair in pigtails!! it was so funny, we were sat in my lounge making him look well silly!they all have long hair at kingswood...wonder why?!>? must be the fashion! did u represent ukraine as well? i remember him from GA3, he was well good.

ReputationRep:
    Am slightly upset by the rather large amount of abuse hurled at Eton boys on thi sweb site. We really are not all that bad.
    To Stef. Whatho, I would have replied earlier but I rather embarisingly did not realise that this forum went on for several pages and have thus far been checking only the first page... Does my incompetence know no bounds? Still I definitely agree with you on the point about enjoying ourselves and very well played. I have to say I was so busy with trying to know America out of the running I completely over looked your subtle and very charming techneque. Will see you in Heaileybury if you are interesteded in a re match... This time I will see through the hat ruse.

ReputationRep:
    Am slightly upset by the rather large amount of abuse hurled at Eton boys on thi sweb site. We really are not all that bad.
    To Stef. Whatho, I would have replied earlier but I rather embarisingly did not realise that this forum went on for several pages and have thus far been checking only the first page... Does my incompetence know no bounds? Still I definitely agree with you on the point about enjoying ourselves and very well played. I have to say I was so busy with trying to know America out of the running I completely over looked your subtle and very charming techneque. Will see you in Heaileybury if you are interesteded in a re match... This time I will see through the hat ruse.
    its Rosie, the other Russian again now....do you know how to check your private messages then...? when is haileybury? we're not going, so i am afraid the re-match may have to wait...til...erm we both somehow do it at university?

ReputationRep:
    I do not appear to have any private messages although if you want to check themn you click on the link at the top right waying "private messages".
    Hi Rosie, sorry to here that we will not be seeing you again, however I am pushing stongly for Eton to host its own MUN, however there is strong opposition, however I am confident that the skills I have learned in MUN such as intimidation and manipulation will serve me well in getting it started. Chedle Hume will definitely be on our list of invites, of course with enough bias chairs in place.... well we will see who wins next time! Seriously though it would be great to have you down partly to see where you can go from Bath! Vladimmir was quiet inspired and I understand you also won best delegate so do petition your own beaks if you get an invite to come down. Also if either of you are ever in Eton or in London give me a message, it would be nice to meet up and do something. Hope you are both well.

ReputationRep:
    hehehe this is Russia GA3, the other girl in Russia....Vlad is a legend, interesting, but a legend all the same!! this is Rosie btw! did u have a good time?? was that at burger king we saw u all? its so great meeting people, half the fun! (or three quarters!) xx
    Yes, at Burger King! We had a really good time- our school is dead set on going to Belfast in November now, though unfortunately 7 out of the 10 of us who went to Bath will have left by then! We wish we had started going sooner!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all those who participated (and won awards! *big thumbs up*). I kind of miss MUN, it was one of the few school-organised activities that was enjoyable in any shape or form. I was gonna come along and watch and advise, but unfortunately the Judo nationals were on the same weekend (which I couldn't go to anyway because of my f***ing broken toe. Grr.).

Did anyone do SC this time? I hear there was a very annoying ***** who gave everyone a hard time...

ReputationRep:
    That is a bit harsh she seemed quiet nice although a little too into MUN... she had done an insane amount of research. A friend and i thought she needed seperating from her folder (else she was in danger of overloading) so we stole it, it was like taking a child away from a mother tiger.... WE gave it back and all was well. MUN can go wrong if you take yourself seriously but I think she put a lot of effort into it and deserved to win so hats off to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K'uin K'ra)
    Congratulations to all those who participated (and won awards! *big thumbs up*). I kind of miss MUN, it was one of the few school-organised activities that was enjoyable in any shape or form. I was gonna come along and watch and advise, but unfortunately the Judo nationals were on the same weekend (which I couldn't go to anyway because of my f***ing broken toe. Grr.).

Did anyone do SC this time? I hear there was a very annoying ***** who gave everyone a hard time...
    lol yeh Brazil, my Russian friend Tomsky told me, she beat him to the gavel GRRRR, u shud so come and advise, i wanan do that in my GAP x

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.