This discussion is closed.
rosyposy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by leftbank)
hi all. i was denmark on the security council at BISMUN just passed, member of the group who kidnapped the brazilian delegates folder of pessimism. it was just a load of quotes she kept reciting ad nauseum! it needed to be done. but the work she put in is commendable, and she deserved her award.

this was my final year, and i loved the security council. trying oli hathaway (my idea to imprison him), fighting constant vetos from china, stealing brazilian resources, hijacking the teachers table at lunch. great fun. i'm gonna try and come back as an advisor for my school next year, so this won't hopefully be my last attendance at BISMUN

Ashton (Denmark SC)
im going to try and come back as an advisor as i am taking a gap year due to my UCAS report below. would be so good to be in charge and help ppl do MUN. do you go to Kimbolton then? i think i remember a few people in my commite from that school and i know Will....not sure about his second anme from the year before's BISMUN
thank god ive got SAIMUN left otherwise i wouldve been crying at the end of BISMUN, actually come to think of it, i think i was crying out of joy anyway! xxx
rosyposy
(Original post by nicolesusername)
hey everyone - i see that some people here are going to saimun, i am too! less than a week away =), well im representing egypt on disarmament so if anyone wants to talk resolutions or just talk coz ive never been to saimun before and dont really know whats fun to do in dublin when im there - but i do know that me and the rest of the club are staying with irish families coz were from america.
wee ur in for so much fun beacuse MUN is amzaing!! i hear SAIMUN is especially good due to in being so long. our disarmament guy in [email protected] if you want to get in conact with him, whast the naems of ur Human RIghts people? im really scread im not going to get enough signatures!!
what scholo are you from?
how many people/delegations are u bringing?
Ribomania
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rosyposy)
yeh sure, but huse ur Human tights people and could you ask them to email me or get incvontact somehow before for lobbying? [email protected] x x
Cheers, e-mails should get 2 u 2morrow or the day after
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey everyone - i see that some people here are going to saimun, i am too! less than a week away =), well im representing egypt on disarmament so if anyone wants to talk resolutions or just talk coz ive never been to saimun before and dont really know whats fun to do in dublin when im there - but i do know that me and the rest of the club are staying with irish families coz were from america.
Heya don't worry, My two delegations r also 1st timers @ SAIMUN but apparently it's an awesome1!!!
special k
Report 14 years ago
hey kingslaw, i'm also from cheadle hulme school i know that u probably didnt mean that original post to be taken personally but when u completely slate something our school and its students are personally very proud of what kind of reaction did you expect to get?
l
ike Rosie i was heavily involved in the organistaion of this years MUNCH, i'm sorry that u had a bad experience the year previously and i personally don't remember you (i was also on Chile) but perhaps u, or your school could have handled the situation very differently, i know that u personally didnt write that article but can you see how that might cause a great deal of offence amongst our pupils whom your collegue insulted left right and centre, i think that ur decision to write that post was incredibly unfair as we made every effort this year to improve this years munch and put a hell of a lot of our own personal time and effort in to making this years confernce truly unforgettable. this is why to see that hurts me, and rosy so much.

can you imagine how it might feel to see someone completely rip apart something you put all your energy into for three months? that you tried, along with about 15 other dedicated people to improve so not to recieve insults in the paper like the year previously? and then for those people who you tried so hard for not even turn up but then still presume to judge?

unless you have experienced that then i dont think you could possibly understand and are therfore in no opinion to pass judgement, and i dont want this to create any kind of animosity but i hope you can undertsand where we are coming from, just like we tried to understand and improve when we recieved your less than consructive criticisms

along with Rosy i would like to extend our welcome to you to MUNCH 2005 and i do, truly, hope that you attend just do you can start to undersatnd the immense efoort that goes in to it and understand why rosy and myself were so upset by your comments

stef
special k
Report 14 years ago
Hi, this isn't 'special K' its Russia from SC at BISMUN. So it was you that stole Brazil's folder? haha. Shame you did not do it sooner otherwise i may have had a nice piece of wood to play with now..... hehe. I thought the SC was really good. TOM
drink up
Report 14 years ago
tom are u the diarmament delegate?
louis
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hi can i have a copy of ur resolution 4 1st political and then i'll reply with an attached Cyprus res. ! Contact @ [email protected] UR doing 1st Politcal I trust Special K? :cool:
drink up
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ribomania)
Heya don't worry, My two delegations r also 1st timers @ SAIMUN but apparently it's an awesome1!!!
wat country are you representing? i'm doing barbados!
and it's my first time as well.
looi
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by drink up)
wat country are you representing? i'm doing barbados!
and it's my first time as well.
looi
Hi can i have a copy of ur resolution 4 1st political and then i'll reply with an attached Cyprus res. ! Contact @ [email protected] UR doing 1st Politcal I trust drink up? (soz copy nd paste is quicker) I iz de Nedelands innit. Become a rasta and live in the netherlands where cannabis is legal, 5 grams a day, it's ****ing loads!!!
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This really is turning into a trainspotters convention. Copy of resolutions etc. You'll be asking for locomotive diagrams next...
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by InterCity125)
This really is turning into a trainspotters convention. Copy of resolutions etc. You'll be asking for locomotive diagrams next...
Yeah, you're cool
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ribomania)
Yeah, you're cool
Good. I'll give you a diagram then:
This is for 47186
5H32 07:15 Central Rivers - Derby
1H32 07:51 Derby - Manchester
1V58 10:54 Manchester - Reading
1M17 14:35 Reading - Manchester
1G56 18:24 Manchester - Birmingham
5D56 20:09 Birmingham - Central Rivers
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good. I'll give you a diagram then:
This is for 47186
5H32 07:15 Central Rivers - Derby
1H32 07:51 Derby - Manchester
1V58 10:54 Manchester - Reading
1M17 14:35 Reading - Manchester
1G56 18:24 Manchester - Birmingham
5D56 20:09 Birmingham - Central Rivers
I willo pray every night for mercy on your soul. Repent, repent I tell you, the end is near :mad:
rosyposy
obviously not an MUN obsessive.........
nicolesusername
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rosyposy)
wee ur in for so much fun beacuse MUN is amzaing!! i hear SAIMUN is especially good due to in being so long. our disarmament guy in [email protected] if you want to get in conact with him, whast the naems of ur Human RIghts people? im really scread im not going to get enough signatures!!
what scholo are you from?
how many people/delegations are u bringing?
thanks for the email address!! ive done mun before, i actually went to bath last year - just never saimun. in human rights my friend meghan is representing finland and i 4get whos representing egypt for it, but i dont have her email address if i get it i will try to post it. we have 2 delegations (egypt and finland obviously) and there are 11 of us - we're from wachusett regional high school in massachusetts.
rosyposy
thanks for the email address!! ive done mun before, i actually went to bath last year - just never saimun. in human rights my friend meghan is representing finland and i 4get whos representing egypt for it, but i dont have her email address if i get it i will try to post it. we have 2 delegations (egypt and finland obviously) and there are 11 of us - we're from wachusett regional high school in massachusetts.
ok wicked that would be great. my emails [email protected] or [email protected] if you want to pass it on, cant belive ill actually meet you soon!!

******everyone talking on this thread could you put your country/commitee in bold so i can write u all down so i know who to look for when i wanna meet you!!!************

***********ISRAEL/HUMAN RIGHTS*********
nicolesusername
Report 14 years ago
so i just read the packet from st. andrews - and what's this business about the poster representing our country? like i dont get it.. am i supposed to draw like pyramaids and the nile river since im egypt or what? help would be greatly appreciated, thankss!
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so i just read the packet from st. andrews - and what's this business about the poster representing our country? like i dont get it.. am i supposed to draw like pyramaids and the nile river since im egypt or what? help would be greatly appreciated, thankss!
What we r doing is some country photos, a cannabis law article and delegate photos with many windmills- We r Netherlands!!!
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't be too jealous- but I know someone who's cleared 67s. I though it was a lie, but it was true!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads