This discussion is closed.
-EL-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Is there a purpose of living? If so, what is it?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't be SILLY. We came here to die, not to live.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i believe the purpose of all live is to create a next generation.
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The purpose of living...to play hoc. No behave. Erm the purpose of living is to eat sleep and excrimate.
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
humans are pollution
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sleepyeba)
humans are pollution
thats rather glum
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
humans are pollution
Someone's been watching a bit too much of The Matrix.
hypnos
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we are energy transducers apparently
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think we have a purpose. why should we?
I think things just happened.
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by -EL-)
Is there a purpose of living? If so, what is it?
Enjoy yourself. Develop the species a bit. Make an impression (preferably good) on the world. I dont know really.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
Enjoy yourself. Develop the species a bit. Make an impression (preferably good) on the world. I dont know really.
er...sounds good to me.
-EL-
Rep:
?
(Original post by mik1w)
I don't think we have a purpose. why should we?
I think things just happened.
Yeah, that's why the question is not on the purpose of life, but on the purpose of living a life
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
er...sounds good to me.
Thats because life is good
-EL-
Rep:
?
(Original post by F1 fanatic)
That's a good one!
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
regarding my humans are pollution comment - no i didn't mean it in a matrix way (although it's a great film).
its just that apart, from mutual happiness, the earth would actually be a better place without us. the rainforests, all those forests in england, all those extinct animals, the atmosphere, rivers and seas...
just finished reading Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything - that book ends with the fact that thousands of species are going extinct every week, and humans are responsible for a lot of that.

If there is one thing humans do that comes close to making up for being humans, it is music. (Although again, nature does pretty well without us with birds and who knows what else that we can't hear with our feeble ears)

yep. humans are the biggest pollution humans have ever made.
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
regarding my humans are pollution comment - no i didn't mean it in a matrix way (although it's a great film).
its just that apart, from mutual happiness, the earth would actually be a better place without us. the rainforests, all those forests in england, all those animals.
just finished reading Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything - that book ends with the fact that thousands of species are going extinct every week, and humans are responsible for a lot of that.

If there is one thing humans do that comes close to making up for being humans, it is music. (Although again, nature does pretty well without us with birds and who knows what else that we can't hear with our feeble ears)
Well thats uplifting. What do you suggest we do - commit mass suicide?? :confused:
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its just that apart, from mutual happiness, the earth would actually be a better place without us. the rainforests, all those forests in england, all those extinct animals, the atmosphere, rivers and seas...

yep. humans are the biggest pollution humans have ever made.
Who gives a f*ck? I say we're here to have a good time. Who cares what we mess up doing it? It's all gonna be gone in a few billion years anyway... it's not like we're destroying something that would have lasted forever.
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, panacide... maybe its inevitable anyway... we've got the bombs hell, lets not waste em.

well, at least that's another thing we're good for - humour.
do you feel happy yet?
PrOdiGy_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
there is no set "purpose". humans are too up themselves thinking they are special
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
Who gives a f*ck? I say we're here to have a good time. Who cares what we mess up doing it? It's all gonna be gone in a few billion years anyway... it's not like we're destroying something that would have lasted forever.
what a caring soul you are please, continue proving me right!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads