This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Vienna, if you believe this party is "racist" (quoted from another thread), then why do you defiend their policies? Is it because you actually like them?

Everyone who watched the documentary was disgusted at the level of racism (at all levels) in this party. THis is strongly reflected in their "manifesto".
where am i defending their policies..?

im sorry, but thats the second complete mis representation of my views.
as edders points out, the BNP have some mild nationalist questions, they offer very bad answers and their real attitudes are racist. that is why they are not considered a credible party and certainly one to which i object being considered a member of based on a part-belief in nationalism.
Advertisement
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
We will also clamp down on the flood of ‘asylum seekers’, all of whom are either bogus or can find refuge much nearer their home countries.

There you go Vienna, discuss that for us!
EU law states that they should be accepted by the first european country to which they arrive. now unless(and we assume that the majority of asylum seekers come from the east) they have travelled by boat around the Iberian peninsular, they should have been processed elsewhere. i dont agree with their tone and as i said its not addressing a real question.
pkonline
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Whose fault is the asylum problem?

Is it asylum seekers themselves - no. In fact its our system that fails Brits and asylum seekers! The EU needs a common policy covering asylum and immigration. As vienna95 has said the EU already has rules but there is no inforcement. Governments have got to come togther to solve this problem which every major EU country faces.
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Guess where a lot of the funding for BNP comes from???

The Tories.. although they would never admit to it
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)

Maybe disillusioned Tories .

Never heard that claim though.
Advertisement
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)

source please...
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
Whose fault is the asylum problem?

Is it asylum seekers themselves - no. In fact its our system that fails Brits and asylum seekers! The EU needs a common policy covering asylum and immigration. As vienna95 has said the EU already has rules but there is no inforcement. Governments have got to come togther to solve this problem which every major EU country faces.
well finally we have an agreement on something.
Advertisement
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
well finally we have an agreement on something.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm sure that most of us would agree, the BNP is nothing but a toned down Nazi party?
Advertisement
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I'm sure that most of us would agree, the BNP is nothing but a toned down Nazi party?
I wouldnt even call it toned down. If it was legal, they'd push all the immigrants into the gas chamber.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
source please...
A politics lecturer- he believes that there is something dodgy going on between the parties.

There was a "repected" Tory member (forgot her name) who contributed large amounts to the party, she also had links with the BNP and her husband was an active figure in the BNP. She was also giving money to the BNP..

When Tory MPs were questioned about this they claimed they knew nothing about it. They subsequently stopped the funding from that member in order to stop criticism.

But as if they didn't know..
Advertisement
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
A politics lecturer- he believes that there is something dodgy going on between the parties.

There was a "repected" Tory member (forgot her name) who contributed large amounts to the party, she also had links with the BNP and her husband was an active figure in the BNP. She was also giving money to the BNP..
One Tory memeber allegedly doing that doesn't mean the Tory party funds the BNP.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
One Tory memeber allegedly doing that doesn't mean the Tory party funds the BNP.
But how could the party not have known about it? That's just not realistic..
Advertisement
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
But how could the party not have known about it? That's just not realistic..
how could the party have not known about the private life of a tory MP?, er, she didnt tell them?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"We also call for preference in the job market to be given to native Britons."

Err, what is a native Briton? I was born and bred here, yet my parents are from Pakistan. I consider myself British, but am I a Briton?
So presumably, I wouldn't gain much preference if the BNP came to power [LOL that sounds so stupid of me...]
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I wouldnt even call it toned down. If it was legal, they'd push all the immigrants into the gas chamber.
Oliver Letwin wants to dump them all on some far off island. How compassionate.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oliver Letwin wants to dump them all on some far off island. How compassionate.
Only until their applications can be processed.
Advertisement
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Regarding 'Tory funding', some think George Galloway helped fund the Saddam Hussein regime, does that mean the regime was funded by the Labour Party? No.

The Tories are a right wing party and by definition some people who are members will have quite extreme right wing views, as right wing as the BNP. They may choose to secretly fund the BNP, but unless Conservative money is given to the BNP, then it is not the Conservatives who have funded them, just a person who happens to be a Tory MP, if indeed she did.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Only until their applications can be processed.
So are you saying you agree with that? People who have been traumatised and are seeking geniune asylum will be treated like animals if they are just dumped on an island.. and how processing and asylum application takes ages. I don't think thats the solution.
Sir I. Newton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Its radical for me. What if I dont want to do military/civil service. Its like conscription - we are going back to the 1940's people!
Your prepared to live in this country, but your not prepared to fight and die fighting for it? Your a disgrace to everything that england stands for. Say we had an invasion, would you fight? I'm damn sure I would.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (484)
51.82%
No (450)
48.18%

Watched Threads