This discussion is closed.
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sir I. Newton)
Your prepared to live in this country, but your not prepared to fight and die fighting for it? Your a disgrace to everything that england stands for. Say we had an invasion, would you fight? I'm damn sure I would.
:rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be so much easier if we didn't have countries and people could just go where ever they pleased..
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Your prepared to live in this country, but your not prepared to fight and die fighting for it? Your a disgrace to everything that england stands for. Say we had an invasion, would you fight? I'm damn sure I would.
Most people say they would, but when it comes to risking your life; your attitude might soon change.
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I wouldn't fight for any country.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Dont BNP make petrol?
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Dont BNP make petrol?
Lol!
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm a big fan of BNP's "crack down on crime" policy. The other stuff however... I don't know why they even bother writing a manifesto saying "we will do this, we will do that", it's not like they'll ever be prominent in parliament.
Sir I. Newton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Most people say they would, but when it comes to risking your life; your attitude might soon change.
I disagree, my family has a military background and I wouldn't think twice. The english have battled over the centuries and it shouldn't stop here because " we don't want to be hurt or die". All the people that died in the 1st and 2nd world wars protecting england didn't think twice, my grand dad said he was 18 when he was 15 to go and fight for his country, its a shame that pride has gone and some many people are gutless to put themselves before their homeland.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
completely wrong. i said that military service is not a radical idea. many democratic countries practice or have practiced this.
I think its quite radical in a modern British context though.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Theres a huge difference between being prepared to fight in an invasion and being prepared to go and attack another country. You ought to take that into account.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ironic how the government wants there to be less racism and they allow groups such as the BNP to exist....
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
So are you saying you agree with that? People who have been traumatised and are seeking geniune asylum will be treated like animals if they are just dumped on an island.. and how processing and asylum application takes ages. I don't think thats the solution.
They won't be treated like animals, but that policy won't go ahead now.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Ironic how the government wants there to be less racism and they allow groups such as the BNP to exist....
But it would be wrong to outlaw the BNP - freedom of speech?
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
What so you think the government should go around silencing other parties because they don't agree with their policies? I'm afraid one of the fundamental aspects of democracy is free speech, but obviously when 'free speech' becomes persecution and injustice that's a different story entirely.

Regards,
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
What so you think the government should go around silencing other parties because they don't agree with their policies? I'm afraid one of the fundamental aspects of democracy is free speech, but obviously when 'free speech' becomes persecution and injustice that's a different story entirely.

Regards,
Yeah but you can see what the guy is saying.. although I totally agree- freedom of speech is important. I hate it when the news reports that certain pressure groups can't protest somewhere because it would be near a BNP rally...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I disagree, my family has a military background and I wouldn't think twice. The english have battled over the centuries and it shouldn't stop here because " we don't want to be hurt or die". All the people that died in the 1st and 2nd world wars protecting england didn't think twice, my grand dad said he was 18 when he was 15 to go and fight for his country, its a shame that pride has gone and some many people are gutless to put themselves before their homeland.
Not gutless mate, just sensible.

Ill do what I want with my life. As long as its law abiding its up to me to decide what I want to do. You only get one life. I wouldnt waste mine fighting in a war (such as the Iraq war) which I didnt even think had a point. Thats mindless - just like hypnotised sheep beeing led to the slaughter.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
IMMIGRATION - time to say NO!

On current demographic trends, we, the native British people, will be an ethnic minority in our own country within sixty years. To ensure that this does not happen, and that the British people retain their homeland and identity, we call for an immediate halt to all further immigration, the immediate deportation of criminal and illegal immigrants, and the introduction of a system of voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin assisted by a generous financial incentives both for individuals and for the countries in question. We will abolish the ‘positive discrimination’ schemes that have made white Britons second-class citizens. We will also clamp down on the flood of ‘asylum seekers’, all of whom are either bogus or can find refuge much nearer their home countries.

TERRIBLE!! DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS?!?
Have the BNP been talking to Michael Howard? This is what he has said he will do on Radio Kent yesterday - he is MP for Folkestone and seems to be very much against immigration at a result of it's close proximity to place of disembarkation for these unfortunate human beings.
Oh how I fear for this country now and sincerely hope that Howard stays as 'opposition' leader!
P.
P.
Sir I. Newton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Not gutless mate, just sensible.

Ill do what I want with my life. As long as its law abiding its up to me to decide what I want to do. You only get one life. I wouldnt waste mine fighting in a war (such as the Iraq war) which I didnt even think had a point. Thats mindless - just like hypnotised sheep beeing led to the slaughter.
If people thought like you 50 years ago, we would be talking german now. I for one am prepared to risk everything in order to make sure things like that never happen.
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If people thought like you 50 years ago, we would be talking german now. I for one am prepared to risk everything in order to make sure things like that never happen.
Fighting when your country is at threat from invasion is different from national military conscription. (like someone else has pointed out)
CasperUK
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
is Unregistered the same person? if he is he seems to spend alot of time posting to his own posts.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by CasperUK)
is Unregistered the same person? if he is he seems to spend alot of time posting to his own posts.
No, unregistered is the default title given to someone who is not registered ie a guest.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (480)
51.89%
No (445)
48.11%

Watched Threads