This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
So are you saying you agree with that? People who have been traumatised and are seeking geniune asylum will be treated like animals if they are just dumped on an island.. and how processing and asylum application takes ages. I don't think thats the solution.
"treated like animals" in a material sense? , i hardly think so. an offshore application process wait is far better than persecution in the country you are fleeing. it is the best solution for both parties. the only way to solve the problem at root is to interfere in the governance of other countries...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
"treated like animals" in a material sense? , i hardly think so. an offshore application process wait is far better than persecution in the country your are fleeing.
Australia is resisting all attempts by asylum seekers to get a foot on the island of Australia - hence keeping them on large ships or offshore. The reasoning behind this is, I believe, to avoid any future en masse litigation on the basis of 'we have lived here so that gives us more rights'. Very cynical but unfortunately typical of politicians of any persuasion.
P.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Australia is resisting all attempts by asylum seekers to get a foot on the island of Australia - hence keeping them on large ships or offshore. The reasoning behind this is, I believe, to avoid any future en masse litigation on the basis of 'we have lived here so that gives us more rights'. Very cynical but unfortunately typical of politicians of any persuasion.
P.
and a very fine country Australia is.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
and a very fine country Australia is.
Ooh! What a political agitator you are - but I'm making no further comment.
P.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ooh! What a political agitator you are - but I'm making no further comment.
P.
dont understand your point...
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
dont understand your point...
P was saying that the fact that Australia is a great country has nothing to do with the argument!?..
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
P was saying that the fact that Australia is a great country has nothing to do with the argument!?..
Dont worry, Vienna is a nationalist she hates asylum seekers.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
i said it was a fine country.
oh.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
i said it was a fine country.
oh.
Tories wanna put the asylum seekers in the gas chambers dont they?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Dont worry, Vienna is a nationalist she hates asylum seekers.
what lead you to this ridiculous allegation that i hate asylum seekers?
what has nationalism have to do with my opinion of people seeking refuge from persecution?
when did i ever admit to being a nationalist?

some people may let you aimlessly shoot your mouth off, i certainly wont.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"treated like animals" in a material sense? , i hardly think so. an offshore application process wait is far better than persecution in the country your are fleeing. it is the best solution for both parties. the only way to solve the problem at root is to interfere in the governance of other countries...
An offshore application ... in what offshore country? Surely not the one they are fleeing from? What country then? Like Poland or sumthing? Im sure they wouldnt want the asylum seekers waiting in their country either.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
what lead you to this ridiculous allegation that i hate asylum seekers?
what has nationalism have to do with my opinion of people seeking refuge from persecution?
when did i ever admit to being a nationalist?

some people may let you aimlessly shoot your mouth off, i certainly wont.
WHAT?!?!?!?!?! You said if a reasonable Nationalist party was around you would vote for them, and that you agree with nationalist principles. Dont lie Vienna.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
WHAT?!?!?!?!?! You said if a reasonable Nationalist party was around you would vote for them, and that you agree with nationalist principles. Dont lie Vienna.
i said if there was a mild nationalist party then they would probably get my vote. i also said that my political orientation was a mixture of three ideologies, admittedly contradictory in places. i am not a supporter of nationalist supporters on the premise that they claim to be nationalist.

just because i voted conservative in the last election does not mean i am a conservative in opinion or an automatic Tory.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
An offshore application ... in what offshore country? Surely not the one they are fleeing from? What country then? Like Poland or sumthing? Im sure they wouldnt want the asylum seekers waiting in their country either.
any third country could potentially hold asylum seekers. it is likely that it would be somewhere closer to the country of origin or isolated by a body of water.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%