The Student Room Group

about the university offer AB or AAB???

Hello,everyone.I have stated in my UCAS application form that I have already achieved A in Mathes in A-LEVEL.

Today I received an offer from university,which is:"A+B"in A-Level,that is all.

Does it mean I only need to take a extra "B" in my A-LEVEL or does it mean I have to make up the extra "A B" in addition to my previous "A" ?

thanks for your help!
Reply 1
Yes.
They asked an either/or question, I don't think your answer helps much :wink:

I would guess they want another A and B in addition to your A :smile:
babybaby6660808
Hello,everyone.I have stated in my UCAS application form that I have already achieved A in Mathes in A-LEVEL.

Does it mean I only need to take a extra "B" in my A-LEVEL or does it mean I have to make up the extra "A B" in addition to my previous "A" ?

thanks for your help!

usually they ask for 3 so I would say as well... what uni was it if you dont mind me asking. That should give a clue :smile:
F1 fanatic
usually they ask for 3 so I would say as well... what uni was it if you dont mind me asking. That should give a clue :smile:

University of Manchester,their standard offer is AAB,but on the offer,they did not mention "addition to your previous A"
Umm... I don't know. I've only ever had one conditional and it was much more specific. It said something along the lines of:

"Conditional: B in Psychology"

But, they changed it to an Unconditional a few days later.

What exactly does the letter say?
I'd say it means this year. My offers were either AAB with subjects specified (one being maths) or AB "in your 2005 A'levels". If you're still not sure (like, if it seems a lot above the normal entry requirements) e-mail them. xxx
well,on my offer,it only said: achieve AB in Alevel...
Reply 8
babybaby6660808
well,on my offer,it only said: achieve AB in Alevel...

Achieve, sounds like it is something you should do. :/
Reply 9
it would be an additional AB,

look on the prospectus or website and it would say "usual offer: AAB" or something, you have fulfilled one of them, on the condition that you to fulfil the other two, you will have a place. i dont know how to spell fulfil.
Did anyone have the same experience as me??Received only two A-Levels?
Reply 11
no but my friend did, she had an a level in polish that she did when we did GCSEs, so when she applied to uni her offers were all 2 grades because she already had one in the bag.
Reply 12
Ring the addmisions sectretary up and ask, they :biggrin: don't bite.
babybaby6660808

thanks for your help!

no it means u need a B. the A in math counts too. bloody hell well done on that
Reply 14
magiccarpet
no it means u need a B. the A in math counts too.

no, im not so sure. If the standard offer is AAB, which is very high, why would they consider someone with only 2 A levels? and even if they did this, then surely in this case they would ask for another A grade and not a B?

err, im with noel, phone them and ask!

Latest

Trending

Trending