This discussion is closed.
bellacoco
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
are cheerleadrers only an american thing?
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nope there are cheerleads in crystal palace but we dont need them cos there nothing to cheer for
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We have some. But it isnt a big thing over here. You see some at some footie matches - saints have a cheerleading squad :rolleyes: There were some at a big beach football thing held here on the isle of wight but they dont get much respect
Angel_Cake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's a cheerleading society at my uni. They've won lots of awards for it too, so they must have competed against some other cheerleading groups.
bellacoco
what a shame. It's huge here in the states. I cheered for ten years, including my first year at uni and I miss it.
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bellacoco)
what a shame. It's huge here in the states. I cheered for ten years, including my first year at uni and I miss it.
I think its pretty cool. Ive always wanted to do it but never got round to it
bellacoco
so what's a poular event or sport that most girls take part in?
midmac
Report 14 years ago
bunch of charves shouting "cumon heww, divie like" naa dont think it works
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Angel_Cake)
There's a cheerleading society at my uni. They've won lots of awards for it too, so they must have competed against some other cheerleading groups.
Yeah, most (bigger) Universities have a cheerleading squad. But they only seem to compete in cheerleading competitions... not for an actual team. Aww. I guess Universities that have an American Football team might have cheerleaders for their games... but I dunno how many places actually have a team. Some Universities seem to have everything under the sun though. When I first started Uni I went to the big 'activities' open day and was almost dragged into playing "Extreme Frisbee".
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
...drinking & whoring?
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
a whole troop of vicky pollards would be legendary...

on second thoughts. no.
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Netball Or hockey. Womens football is quite popular too - I watched the womens FA cup a while ago and it was quite good. Most famous sportswomen tend to be athletes so thats also popular
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

We have a squad here and i wanted to join it, but its very hardcore and the practice is like 4 times a week! I don't have time for that!!
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
Yeah, most (bigger) Universities have a cheerleading squad. But they only seem to compete in cheerleading competitions... not for an actual team. Aww. I guess Universities that have an American Football team might have cheerleaders for their games... but I dunno how many places actually have a team. Some Universities seem to have everything under the sun though. When I first started Uni I went to the big 'activities' open day and was almost dragged into playing "Extreme Frisbee".
The Leeds Uni team was originally formed to support the American football team (a drunken comment that ended up with a team that wins loads of national comps!!)
bellacoco
competition cheerleading is awesome - love it!!! But there is nothing like being on the field in front of 88,000 screaming fans!
midmac
Report 14 years ago
yehh butt no but shutuppp!!!

..i know westlifes rubbish.... (HAHA little britain is legendry)
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
competition cheerleading is awesome - love it!!! But there is nothing like being on the field in front of 88,000 screaming fans!
put up a pic of your squad
bellacoco
I don't have any old pictures on my computer and besides it has been two years since I cheered.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pompey have a cheerleader He's called John Westwood.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Pompey have a cheerleader He's called John Westwood.
Boooooooo Pompey! :p:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads