Turn on thread page Beta

Brit Awards watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how was it, i thought it was ridiculolous and the only groups who deserved one were franz, and the sciccor sisters. The worst thing was robbie williams angels winning best song of the last 25 years, i can name more than a thousand songs better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    how was it, i thought it was ridiculolous and the only groups who deserved one were franz, and the sciccor sisters. The worst thing was robbie williams angels winning best song of the last 25 years, i can name more than a thousand songs better.
    Did you hear Franz Ferdinand live though? Terrible!!

Lots of people would disagree with you about Robbie though, no song was ever going to please everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)

Lots of people would disagree with you about Robbie though, no song was ever going to please everyone
    yeh thats how bands sound, most of them dont mime ya know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    yeh thats how band sound, most of them dont mime ya know
    Others managed to pull ot off though, Keane for example sounded great. The dodgy guitar solo was odd as well, almost like they'd forgotten their own song

ReputationRep:
    Keane and FF were great!!!!!! I like the authentic band sound :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Razorlight should have been nominated though. Can't use the fact they're not mainstream enough as an excuse - they're more mainstream than Kasabian and others.

Actually liked tonight's awards though - Jamelia and Lamar were good.

But Joss Stone? Urban?!

ReputationRep:
    Muse got best live act
    and I saw them live :eek:

ReputationRep:
    To unite with our fellow Black Urban musicians that bring us such brilliant hip-hop and rap, the Brits has a special "Urban Music" award. Artists such as Dizzee Rascal who tease us with their fast beats and lyrical stylings can be celebrated here. And so the winner, from the streets, with her real Urban sound, is Joss Stone!

I think Joss Stone said it best when she won this award- "**** Off!."

But the other awards were great- well done to FF and SS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)

God knows what happened to Franz, they must have been off their faces - I've seen them live at Brixton and they were amazing, a really tight performance very unlike what I heard on the radio this morning! Must have been too much free champers... :eek:

However, it's the first Brit awards in years where I haven't thought 'oh god, what has this country come to' which has got to be a good thing- only categories I thought were a bit :eek: were best song and song of last 25 years- the nominations for both were very, very weak and although I agree Will Young was the best out of nominations for best song, there have been loads and loads and loads better this year!

ReputationRep:
    And Will Young was nominated for best song of the last 25 years!!!!! What?!

That's even worse than Robbie beating Joy Division.

ReputationRep:
    Joss Stone on stage with Robbie Williams? Wtf?!

ReputationRep:
    The average viewers of the Brit Awards are probably teenagers or people in their 20's the vast majority probably haven't even heared of Joy Division, when the public vote you always know the likes of Queen, ABBA, Beatles, Robbie, Will Young will always come up top.

This why I didn't even bother wathcing the brits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    And Will Young was nominated for best song of the last 25 years!!!!! What?!

That's even worse than Robbie beating Joy Division.
    Queen should have won it . But Angels was a massive song though, can't fault it was a huge, huge success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    The average viewers of the Brit Awards are probably teenagers or people in their 20's the vast majority probably haven't even heared of Joy Division, when the public vote you always know the likes of Queen, ABBA, Beatles, Robbie, Will Young will always come up top.

This why I didn't even bother wathcing the brits.
    true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Queen should have won it . But Angels was a massive song though, can't fault it was a huge, huge success.
    The greatest song of the last quarter century never got to number one?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    Muse got best live act
    and I saw them live :eek:
    I've seen them live too, they are not the best live act in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    yes they are :mad:

ReputationRep:
    How good were Green Day? Easily the best performance..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    All the winners were SO predictable! P.J Harvey and Joy Division were robbed! :mad:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.