This discussion is closed.
bellacoco
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey I'm moving from the states. Should I bring my car or buy a new one. I hate the thought of selling my baby.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bellacoco)
Hey I'm moving from the states. Should I bring my car or buy a new one. I hate the thought of selling my baby.
You might want to sell it and buy a right hand drive one
Quiksilver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
why would you sell your baby? surely that's illegal :confused:
bellacoco
I thought about that, but I love my car!!!
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Take it apart and bring it as hand luggage. :rolleyes:
bellacoco
cute
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sell it and wait till you get here. Its very expensive to keep a car in London and the public transport is pretty good.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are you British? Where in the UK will you be moving to?
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You could bring it, but it'll be a bit confusing to drive. The driver's side will be at the side of the road instead of near the middle.
bellacoco
I love the idea of public transport but I want to be able to take weekend trips outside the city.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love the idea of public transport but I want to be able to take weekend trips outside the city.
It's called First Class on Virgin
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hire a car.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
You could bring it, but it'll be a bit confusing to drive. The driver's side will be at the side of the road instead of near the middle.
Surely you would be less likely to drive on the wrong side of the road in a rhd as well!!
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
or get the train. Personally I think its a waste of money to ship a car internationally.
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
as soon as you step foot in our kingdom you will suddenly grow wings, thus removing the need for artificial transportation
bellacoco
No I am not british and no I do not value my car more than my safety. However, it's such an awesome piece of machinery and I will miss it greatly if I chose to sell it. I will be moving to central London, probably south ken, to attend uni next SEpt.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No I am not british and no I do not value my car more than my safety. However, it's such an awesome piece of machinery and I will miss it greatly if I chose to sell it. I will be moving to central London, probably south ken, to attend uni next SEpt.
There are so many taxis around South Ken they are quite cheap and you will be spending most of your time at KR anyway so there
bellacoco
Alright then, that settles it. I am putting the BMW 540i on the market... reluctantly
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Alright then, that settles it. I am putting the BMW 540i on the market... reluctantly
BMW 5 you could have done better I'm afraid
bellacoco
well, perhaps an M3 would have been better. love those!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads