This discussion is closed.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Agree with the 'sell' people. South Ken's got major transport links running through it, be it the bus (traditional red double deckers and all) or the tube (traditional...tramps?) and if you do bring your car, you probably wouldn't be able to park it anywhere near your house unless you get a permit, it'll be a big faff with the whole left/right hand drive thing and you'd probably end up eating up more precious money on our extortionate petrol prices whilst you sit in traffic in central london. (Although, saying that... you have a BMW, so I'm guessing money isn't reeeeeeeeeally a problem lol)
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bellacoco)
well, perhaps an M3 would have been better. love those!!!!
Yes that is quite a good car. My dad has the new BMW 645 coupe and that is quite good, much better than the horrible 745
bellacoco
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
yeah,I haven't quite warmed up to the 7 series - quite hiteous actually. what's your favorite car? and no money isn't a problem
confused?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dont worry, its quite easy to adapt to a lhd vehicle in england. ive been driving in one for about a month.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah,I haven't quite warmed up to the 7 series - quite hiteous actually. what's your favorite car? and no money isn't a problem
I have to say it would be the Porsche Cayenne for a nice off-roader and a Porsche 996.. I love the Hummer H2 and the VW Touareg.
What about yours?
bellacoco
mmm, that's a tough call. I definitely love the astin martins and of course the power and speed behing a ferrari or lambourghini are always nice. I also like a sleek black lotus
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mmm, that's a tough call. I definitely love the astin martins and of course the power and speed behing a ferrari or lambourghini are always nice. I also like a sleek black lotus
I have seen the Koenigsegg CCR (world's fastest legal car) it is amazing I'm not a huge lambo fan, got to love the V12 Vanquish though, even classics like the DB5 are good. What are you studying in South Ken?
bellacoco
nothing actually in south ken. I'll either be attending lse or kings for law. I'm moving sometime within the next month and south ken is one of my top prospects for location. any other suggestions?
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
Take it apart and bring it as hand luggage. :rolleyes:
aye that's what i'd do... it's the best option... trust me...
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nothing actually in south ken. I'll either be attending lse or kings for law. I'm moving sometime within the next month and south ken is one of my top prospects for location. any other suggestions?
My aunt is in Fulham which is definitely a nice place. Chelsea is good, Wimbledon is only further out but it is definitely a nice area if you dont mind the slightly longer distance. If you don't mind living in the American version of suburbs come to Surrey, a county south of London. Most of those that work in finance in the City of London live in Surrey and commute into the capital
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
oh GOD no not the cayenne. it looks like, and has the offroad premise of a rollerskate

;_;
Sorry but you are wrong and it can handle the rough terrains of Surrey quite well
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Save the world, buy a bike! It's free, often quicker, and you'll burn millions of calories.
There's not enough people cycling the more people who drive, the fewer people will be willing to cycle.
bellacoco
sounds good to me - i love any excuse to exercise
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
Sell it and wait till you get here. Its very expensive to keep a car in London and the public transport is pretty good.
Public transport is bloody expensive!
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
Public Transport is cheaper than ever before
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought of another advantage to cycling - you get to cut in front of the traffic light queue and p*ss everyone else off (should you wish to, i always worry the car behind will take revenge and drive over me.)
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes. If i could be bothered, I'd work out how many bus journeys are equivalent to a used car. Probably about 100.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A BMW 740? If you're under 25 you're going to have serious problems insuring that beast, over here we consider 1.6 litre engines big, in the city most people drive 1.2 litre superminis, in central London only mad people drive, we have a very good train network, probably some of the best bus networks in the world.

Being a student having a car in a city like London will be a hinderence, and as I said you can't afford a BMW 740 in this country unless you're rich. Petrol (or oil as you lot call it) is also very expensive over here compared to the states.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Costs me £340 a year and I can get anywhere in the entire county of Greater Manchester (a reach of 2.5 million people) with my ticket. The buses are every two minutes or better, and it takes you right into the city centre. By car you have to park which costs £3 an hour and you can't find a place even then. In cities bus travel is far much easier than driving.

A car would cost me at least £3000 a year. Erm.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
A BMW 740? If you're under 25 you're going to have serious problems insuring that beast, over here we consider 1.6 litre engines big, in the city most people drive 1.2 litre superminis, in central London only mad people drive, we have a very good train network, probably some of the best bus networks in the world.

Being a student having a car in a city like London will be a hinderence, and as I said you can't afford a BMW 740 in this country unless you're rich. Petrol (or oil as you lot call it) is also very expensive over here compared to the states.
He has a 540 not a 740 don't insult him with the 7 series name :mad:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads