Should i get my tongue pierced Watch

This discussion is closed.
Just_Peachy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
tongue piercings are the most dangerous piercings you can do to yourself, plenty of people have had it done but the chances of it going wrong are high , swelling and rejection of the tongue bar is very common, infection also and you have to eat soup for a week because you cant chew , my advice is if you are going to have it done forget the cost and get it done professionally
Badgercity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got mine done about 2 weeks ago and it's by far my favourite piercing, fun to play with when you're bored!!! Make sure you get it done professionally though!
Ariel4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by parsimony)
oh look at this
http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/05-lip.../lipmadon.html :eek:

its from the web page juno gave me
http://www.bmezine.com/
it's pretty interesting.. look it up for more info :rolleyes:
gah! lookin at the price of that it was prob a dodgy place. the more u pay the better u get, its y claire and places r cheap cos they do it with a gun, which is evil!
Badgercity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Argh! imagine getting your lip done with a gun...!! :eek: Do the tongue thing though, as long as you do all the necessary after care( basically using mouth wash after all food and drink) it should be fine.. i'd recommend 'corsodyl' mouthwash, worked for me
Ariel4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Badgercity)
Argh! imagine getting your lip done with a gun...!! :eek: Do the tongue thing though, as long as you do all the necessary after care( basically using mouth wash after all food and drink) it should be fine.. i'd recommend 'corsodyl' mouthwash, worked for me
places seem to ahve v dif after care things. i was lookin on the internet and one place near to me says dont use mouthwash, and other place say use dilute mouthwash and places say just normal mouth wash but not listerine.
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ariel4)
does anyone here have a madonna/monroe piercing? theyre cool id quite like one.
I had one a few years ago! Although my story was far less horrific than that one on BME. I found it healed pretty easily - more easily than a usual labret piercing because it doesn't get bashed so much. It's true that they are pretty - such a feminine piercing, I was quite fond of it. Make sure that you feel confident telling the piercer where you want it done - mine drew the dot on really high up, and got a bit eggy with me when I said I wanted it elsewhere, but that's a much better deal that getting it in the wrong place! And anyway, don't go to a horrible piercers where they get eggy with you for such things. I picked it because the tattooists there are good, but soon realised that that doesn't equate with being a good piercer...

I lost the ball off it about two years, and decided that rather than walk up a hill and buy a new one for fifty p, I'd prefer to just leave it out because I wasn't so keen on facial piercings anymore. I had quite a few facial piercings at one time (madonna, labret, nostril, septum and tongue, if that counts... although actually, I think I got my septum after I took Miss Madonna out) but then I got a bit bored of them, and now I just have my septum (that I only wear sometimes) and my labret and tongue. How tame....
Ariel4
Rep:
?
(Original post by covered farm wa)
I had one a few years ago! Although my story was far less horrific than that one on BME. I found it healed pretty easily - more easily than a usual labret piercing because it doesn't get bashed so much. It's true that they are pretty - such a feminine piercing, I was quite fond of it. Make sure that you feel confident telling the piercer where you want it done - mine drew the dot on really high up, and got a bit eggy with me when I said I wanted it elsewhere, but that's a much better deal that getting it in the wrong place! And anyway, don't go to a horrible piercers where they get eggy with you for such things. I picked it because the tattooists there are good, but soon realised that that doesn't equate with being a good piercer...

I lost the ball off it about two years, and decided that rather than walk up a hill and buy a new one for fifty p, I'd prefer to just leave it out because I wasn't so keen on facial piercings anymore. I had quite a few facial piercings at one time (madonna, labret, nostril, septum and tongue, if that counts... although actually, I think I got my septum after I took Miss Madonna out) but then I got a bit bored of them, and now I just have my septum (that I only wear sometimes) and my labret and tongue. How tame....
septums scare me! yeah madonnas r so pretty. but i dont no wot side to get it done if i do get it cos i have my nose done on the right side.
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
septums scare me! yeah madonnas r so pretty. but i dont no wot side to get it done if i do get it cos i have my nose done on the right side.
On the other side than your nose! Otherwise it'll look unbalanced. I had my nose on the right side, and my monroe on the left, and it looked lovely... *sigh*
Ariel4
Rep:
?
On the other side than your nose! Otherwise it'll look unbalanced. I had my nose on the right side, and my monroe on the left, and it looked lovely... *sigh*
cool, thanks. but then i think my friend had them done on the same side and it looked pretty as well. i dunno will speak to the piercer cos im goin back to get another hole done in my right ear, so then i have three in each.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And anyway, don't go to a horrible piercers where they get eggy with you for such things. I picked it because the tattooists there are good, but soon realised that that doesn't equate with being a good piercer...
I was going to make that point!

Don't go to anywhere that does tattoos and piercings, as normally they're only good at one as they're totally different. In fact, the less diverse they are, the better they probably will be as they make all their money from piercings and not other things. For example Claires=bad, and they mainly sell tacky stuff with piercing only as a sideline.

Although having said that my current piercer sells gothic clothes too.
Badgercity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
places seem to ahve v dif after care things. i was lookin on the internet and one place near to me says dont use mouthwash, and other place say use dilute mouthwash and places say just normal mouth wash but not listerine.
Hmm.. My piercer told me to use 50/50 water/mouthwash which seemed to work... i have heard that you're not supposed to use a mouthwash which has alcohol in it? If you get it done maybe just see what your piercer says. Sucking on ice will help the swelling aswell and makes it feel a lot better, improves the lisp aswell i found!

Don't go to anywhere that does tattoos and piercings
The place i went had one guy that did tatoos and the other did piercings, i think you're ok if thats the case...
Ariel4
Rep:
?
Hmm.. My piercer told me to use 50/50 water/mouthwash which seemed to work... i have heard that you're not supposed to use a mouthwash which has alcohol in it? If you get it done maybe just see what your piercer says. Sucking on ice will help the swelling aswell and makes it feel a lot better, improves the lisp aswell i found!

The place i went had one guy that did tatoos and the other did piercings, i think you're ok if thats the case...
the place that i will go has two seperate rooms, across the hall for each other, one for piercing and one for tatooing.
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thats the same where I go. And seperate rooms as I heard a tattoo being done when I walked in and waited and I was called in to a different room.
Its well known to be good for peircings and tattoos.
I have been in places where they offer both in the same room and store everything in a mess on the side. Them using guns for piercing should show how bad it was as well.
Ariel4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luize)
thats the same where I go. And seperate rooms as I heard a tattoo being done when I walked in and waited and I was called in to a different room.
Its well known to be good for peircings and tattoos.
I have been in places where they offer both in the same room and store everything in a mess on the side. Them using guns for piercing should show how bad it was as well.
ive been in places like that. they r really manky.
Luize
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh, I was foolish enough to get my ear pierced there. With a gun. Told the guy to not use gold, so he used it. Ended up having to take the earing out and changing it myself after only a couple days. I'm amazing it wasn't infected and didn't have any problems.
Never get a piercing while hyper kids.
Badgercity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the place that i will go has two seperate rooms, across the hall for each other, one for piercing and one for tatooing.
:dito: I had friends that had had successful piercings and tatoos in there aswell so I trusted it!
Ariel4
Rep:
?
:dito: I had friends that had had successful piercings and tatoos in there aswell so I trusted it!
yeah i think as long as the place doesnt have tatoos and piercings being done in the same and the person isnt doing tatoos and piercings, then its ok (as long as its all clean etc).
mangomaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
everyones saying how the gun is really bad, can someone explain to me why?
going to get my tongue pierced tomorrow!
Ariel4
Rep:
?
(Original post by mangomaz)
everyones saying how the gun is really bad, can someone explain to me why?
going to get my tongue pierced tomorrow!
i think its because they are unsterile, they can shatter cartilage, and its pushing a blunt stud through your ear instead of a sharp needle.
mangomaz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
aah ok thanx for that
omg i have a piece of metal in my mouth...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (77)
67.54%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.42%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.04%

Watched Threads