Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I love my parents for a comppletely different reason to you.

In 1980, my mum had a condition that meant her ovaries had to be removed. So she could never have children with my dad. She'd had children in a previous marriage. But after they got married, they decided the only thing that was missing was a child. In 1986, they decided to adopt. Now, for those that don't know, the adoption proccess can be an extremely difficult one both legally and emotionally. My parents were willing to go through that, both for themselves and then a second time round because I wanted a brother.

My parents, much as I clash with my mother at times, have shown the most determination you can imagine, and in a way, thats passed onto me.

Add to that, they've gone through things no person should have to go through, especially in the past two or three years. They're amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Create)
    My parents have always been so incredibly supportive of me, and have sacrificed a lot in the past to give me the best chances in life. They're always looking out for me, and I just wish that I could do something to give them just a little of what they've given me. Love 'em to bits.
    And yes, I agree, it is nice to have a thread that doesn't focus on how much people don't get on with their parents.
    thanx hun
    I saw so many parents dissing threads,I sometimes go like not even being able to stand them but after all it's once a week and it all go for five minutes

ReputationRep:
    As long as I ring them up to tell them that I'm havn't been hit by a car and I'm still alive and breathing, I'm allowed out as late as I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzie1)
    I have to say, I love my parents, even though they do drive me mad. but they are always there for me and never let me down.
    :dito: Parents can be so bloody annoying at times but as you said they are always there to support you and will never ever let you down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    money=life
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I barely even speak to my parents anymore, despite living in the same house! As parents go I guess they are cool, they let me do whatever I want, on the basis that it's my life, and I'll be the one who deals with the consequences of my actions. Also, my mum gave me £20 so i could go out last night and I pulled two guys wooohoooo!

ReputationRep:
    My parents are great. I owe them for giving me a lot I value about myself, including my good nature

ReputationRep:
    I think it's really important to appreciate your parents, so this is a nice thread. I've learned this lesson for myself

Mine have always been proud of me and everything I've achieved.. they've always looked out for me and been generous with their time and money, even when we've not really had that much.

My mum has always been incredibly strong despite having to deal with about ten million things.. I really admire her and the way she copes despite the fact other people might have had ten million nervous breakdowns by now.

My dad always used to show he cared in the most irritating ways.. trying to get me to do things the way HE did them, which I always hated! The fact he kept on going with it showed that he cared even when I went mad at him and had to constantly tell him to respect my own decisions.. But you know.. I'm going to miss that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild thing)
    I love my parents soo much :love: but I odn't exaclty tell them everything :rolleyes:
    what are you Hiding ...me too I love my parents but when it came to serious discussions ie my future I just tell them fix your problems first
    Now my parents are divorced and I'm hiding a lot of things inside thanks god I got a wonderfull boy friend :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    I love both of my parents to bits, and when I hear what some of my friends have to go through with their parents, it just makes me appreciate them so much more. They've both always been excellent parents and done the best they could for me any my brother, and as a result, we've both been brought up really well. I've never had a serious argument with either of them, although I quite often have petty disputes with my mum, which I guess is normal for my age. She's good to talk to about girly stuff, but for anything else, I always find it much easier to talk to my dad. He always wants to know how my day was, he's always interested in how I'm getting on at school, he always pays for books and trips etc, my mum has always been to my parents' evenings because she works less and they never put any pressure on me when it comes to results- they tell me not to work too hard and to know that they'll be proud of me no matter what grades I get. They work really hard so we can have a nice house and go on nice holidays abroad. They're just great

ReputationRep:
    im defo really lucky with mine :-)

ReputationRep:
    I see alot of dissing parents threads,but i didn't even see a signle one that says I love my mom or my dad is great or anything like that so me and my free time decided to creat a parents loving thread maybe if you though too hard you'd find something you love about them,maybe small things you don't even notice :rolleyes:
    so post here
    they buy me stuff and give me money. Thats it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I love both of my parents to bits, and when I hear what some of my friends have to go through with their parents, it just makes me appreciate them so much more. They've both always been excellent parents and done the best they could for me any my brother, and as a result, we've both been brought up really well. I've never had a serious argument with either of them, although I quite often have petty disputes with my mum, which I guess is normal for my age. She's good to talk to about girly stuff, but for anything else, I always find it much easier to talk to my dad. He always wants to know how my day was, he's always interested in how I'm getting on at school, he always pays for books and trips etc, my mum has always been to my parents' evenings because she works less and they never put any pressure on me when it comes to results- they tell me not to work too hard and to know that they'll be proud of me no matter what grades I get. They work really hard so we can have a nice house and go on nice holidays abroad. They're just great
    but you live in essex

ReputationRep:
    I owe my Dad for my sense of humour; that said, however, I also owe him for the colour of my hair.

Hmm. If someone slapped you on the back, and then booted you in the crotch, would you construe it as ambivalence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil penguin kid)
    they buy me stuff and give me money. Thats it.
    what eles should they do :confused: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    what eles should they do :confused: :rolleyes:
    lol, they annoy the crap out of me at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil penguin kid)
    lol, they annoy the crap out of me at times.
    ofcourse they would,but they are forgiven for that... they buy me alot of apples

ReputationRep:
    I'm extremely grateful for what my parents have done for me, and i don't have a bad word to say about them. They're the complete opposites, and i'm glad they are.

My mum is very laid back and supportive of me, and i'll go to her whenever i have a problem. My dad is a little stricter then my mum, and the disciplined side that he brings is good for me aswell.

They're both very good to me.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely **** all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    but you live in essex
    And.....? :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.