Watch
This discussion is closed.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by edders)
still theoretical i thought (we've discussed this before i know)
maybe, but i thought that their existence had been detected, not sure.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
maybe, but i thought that their existence had been detected, not sure.
I am sure I saw some documentary where they showed how they detected them.

If this is the right one...they have a big complex very deep below the surface. They have a few million gallon tank which they filled with heavy water and very occasionally when one passes through it knocks off an electron that is detected. (I could be thinking of an experiment to detect another particle but i am sure it is this one lol)
not1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
I am sure I saw some documentary where they showed how they detected them.

If this is the right one...they have a big complex very deep below the surface. They have a few million gallon tank which they filled with heavy water and very occasionally when one passes through it knocks off an electron that is detected. (I could be thinking of an experiment to detect another particle but i am sure it is this one lol)
thats the detection of neutrinos youre talking about
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by edders)
thats the detection of neutrinos youre talking about
ah rite lol

Hmm..mayb tacyhons (spelling?) haven't been detected yet. In fact I would imagine they would be near impossible to detect as they are meant to bearly interact with any other matter.
bumblebee86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I wonder what you must see if you travel faster than the speed of light. Surely it means that what is happening now is behind you, as the light from it cant catch up with you. Does this mean that what you see in front of you is the past? Or the future? Or what?

If you could look into the past, woudlnt it be good to go to the beginning of time to see what created the universe. It would lay a lot of things to rest.

P.S I know a lot of you are gonna be laughing at this post lol.
Why don't you read Einstein's Theory of Relativity...I mean the actual book on it.. he evaluated it all in his mind for ten years(image streaming)..you'll save ten years of questions by buying a copy of the book.

Take Care

John
not1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jndikum)
Why don't you read Einstein's Theory of Relativity...I mean the actual book on it.. he evaluated it all in his mind for ten years(image streaming)..you'll save ten years of questions by buying a copy of the book.

Take Care

John
yes its a good idea to read the original scientific works of great men
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have tried reading it (yes i do have it) but it is a bit difficult to comprehend with talk of tensors and 4 vectors and other stuff i do not know about
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (385)
32.11%
No (814)
67.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed