The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
eric bischoff
Do you all think science is boring i reckon stuff like flowers are boring but the human body and space is interesting.

I remeber GCSE science, hated learning about osmosis, photosynthesssssis, etc. Biology was interesting though, some of the experiments where naff, e.g. which metal produces the most O2 when mixed with acid, etc. lol.
Reply 2
GCSE is, the coursework experiments in all sciences are the easiest I've ever done.
Reply 3
Bhaal85
I remeber GCSE science, hated learning about osmosis, photosynthesssssis, etc. Biology was interesting though, some of the experiments where naff, e.g. which metal produces the most O2 when mixed with acid, etc. lol.

i hated the photosynthessis
I didn't find it boring...but at school the teachers did give an impression of desparation...lots of vain attempts to interest people with posters of the human body and stationary with logos proclaiming "Physics is fun!".

Quite sad really...they were all lovely people (apart from Mr Hepburn - didn't like him at all) and they gave of the disticnt impression of people fighting a losing battle :frown:
Reply 5
Pencil Queen
I didn't find it boring...but at school the teachers did give an impression of desparation...lots of vain attempts to interest people with posters of the human body and stationary with logos proclaiming "Physics is fun!".

Quite sad really...they were all lovely people (apart from Mr Hepburn - didn't like him at all) and they gave of the disticnt impression of people fighting a losing battle :frown:

there is something new to learn in science everytime
Reply 6
My G4 project: science in an amusement park :tongue:
...mechanics is just as fun as you make it:smile:
Reply 7
0% boring because i am amazing at science and i like doing the experiments
Reply 8
May I just say that I am a little unsure as to the increment you have used in your vote. It suggests to me that science is either not at all boring (0%), all of it is boring (100%), and then there are things like 1/2% and 1/4%, which I interpret as 0.5% and 0.25% respectively. Is this really what you meant?
Reply 9
Linda
My G4 project: science in an amusement park :tongue:
...mechanics is just as fun as you make it:smile:

if you make a real amusement park i will buy a ticket
Reply 10
Ralfskini
May I just say that I am a little unsure as to the increment you have used in your vote. It suggests to me that science is either not at all boring (0%), all of it is boring (100%), and then there are things like 1/2% and 1/4%, which I interpret as 0.5% and 0.25% respectively. Is this really what you meant?

what :confused:
Reply 11
Golz

You're amazing in year 7...
eric bischoff

You've mixed fractions with percentages - either remove the % signs or switch to the fraction * 100
Reply 13
Ralfskini

I know what you mean, eric means 1/2% = 50%
1/4% = 25% etc.
Reply 14
Golz

Personallly I found science very interesting, until I couldn't do the work anymore!!! Just joking, I do find it interesting still (am now doing a Chemistry degree) especially as I get to make explosive materials pretty soon!!!

Oh, and I NEVER found Biology in the slightest bit interesting, it was all learning facts and names, and I prefer more logical science like Physics and Chemistry.
Reply 15
you fool eric bischoff. 1/4% you mean 25% but as you wrote it, you mean 2.5%
It happens on the rest so do you get that
Reply 16
Lord Huntroyde
You're amazing in year 7...

lord huntroyde is the sun shining where you are?
eric bischoff

Ok. Say for example I found science half boring and half interesting. Then which vote should I choose?
Chicken
Personallly I found science very interesting, until I couldn't do the work anymore!!! Just joking, I do find it interesting still (am now doing a Chemistry degree) especially as I get to make explosive materials pretty soon!!!

Oh, and I NEVER found Biology in the slightest bit interesting, it was all learning facts and names, and I prefer more logical science like Physics and Chemistry.

Agreed...I even hated the biology component of geology (Palaeontology :yawn: )
Golz
you dick eric bischoff. 1/4% you mean 25% but as you wrote it, you mean 2.5%
It happens on the rest so do you get that

Actually as he wrote it it implies 0.25%, but you get the idea.

Latest

Trending

Trending