This discussion is closed.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Do you all think science is boring i reckon stuff like flowers are boring but the human body and space is interesting.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
Do you all think science is boring i reckon stuff like flowers are boring but the human body and space is interesting.
I remeber GCSE science, hated learning about osmosis, photosynthesssssis, etc. Biology was interesting though, some of the experiments where naff, e.g. which metal produces the most O2 when mixed with acid, etc. lol.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
GCSE is, the coursework experiments in all sciences are the easiest I've ever done.
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I remeber GCSE science, hated learning about osmosis, photosynthesssssis, etc. Biology was interesting though, some of the experiments where naff, e.g. which metal produces the most O2 when mixed with acid, etc. lol.
i hated the photosynthessis
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I didn't find it boring...but at school the teachers did give an impression of desparation...lots of vain attempts to interest people with posters of the human body and stationary with logos proclaiming "Physics is fun!".

Quite sad really...they were all lovely people (apart from Mr Hepburn - didn't like him at all) and they gave of the disticnt impression of people fighting a losing battle
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I didn't find it boring...but at school the teachers did give an impression of desparation...lots of vain attempts to interest people with posters of the human body and stationary with logos proclaiming "Physics is fun!".

Quite sad really...they were all lovely people (apart from Mr Hepburn - didn't like him at all) and they gave of the disticnt impression of people fighting a losing battle
there is something new to learn in science everytime
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My G4 project: science in an amusement park
...mechanics is just as fun as you make it
Golz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
0% boring because i am amazing at science and i like doing the experiments
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
May I just say that I am a little unsure as to the increment you have used in your vote. It suggests to me that science is either not at all boring (0%), all of it is boring (100%), and then there are things like 1/2% and 1/4%, which I interpret as 0.5% and 0.25% respectively. Is this really what you meant?
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Linda)
My G4 project: science in an amusement park
...mechanics is just as fun as you make it
if you make a real amusement park i will buy a ticket
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ralfskini)
May I just say that I am a little unsure as to the increment you have used in your vote. It suggests to me that science is either not at all boring (0%), all of it is boring (100%), and then there are things like 1/2% and 1/4%, which I interpret as 0.5% and 0.25% respectively. Is this really what you meant?
what :confused:
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Golz)
You're amazing in year 7...
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You've mixed fractions with percentages - either remove the % signs or switch to the fraction * 100
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
I know what you mean, eric means 1/2% = 50%
1/4% = 25% etc.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Golz)
Personallly I found science very interesting, until I couldn't do the work anymore!!! Just joking, I do find it interesting still (am now doing a Chemistry degree) especially as I get to make explosive materials pretty soon!!!

Oh, and I NEVER found Biology in the slightest bit interesting, it was all learning facts and names, and I prefer more logical science like Physics and Chemistry.
Golz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you fool eric bischoff. 1/4% you mean 25% but as you wrote it, you mean 2.5%
It happens on the rest so do you get that
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
You're amazing in year 7...
lord huntroyde is the sun shining where you are?
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ok. Say for example I found science half boring and half interesting. Then which vote should I choose?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Personallly I found science very interesting, until I couldn't do the work anymore!!! Just joking, I do find it interesting still (am now doing a Chemistry degree) especially as I get to make explosive materials pretty soon!!!

Oh, and I NEVER found Biology in the slightest bit interesting, it was all learning facts and names, and I prefer more logical science like Physics and Chemistry.
Agreed...I even hated the biology component of geology (Palaeontology :yawn: )
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Golz)
you **** eric bischoff. 1/4% you mean 25% but as you wrote it, you mean 2.5%
It happens on the rest so do you get that
Actually as he wrote it it implies 0.25%, but you get the idea.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (202)
52.2%
No (185)
47.8%

Watched Threads