Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, i was wondering if any1 can help me answer this question for economics:

'Why might a country wish to restrain inflationary pressures?'

Its worth 15marks and any points will be helpful as i dont know where 2 start!

Thanks

Jim

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to do your homework for you, but here are some guidelines I've gotten from my economics teacher:

1) state why this in an important question
    2) define key concepts
    3) answer your first question

you could include what is meant by inflationary pressures (illustrate with graph), and what is costs to a society/government to have inflation (redistribution costs, uncertainty, resource costs, mis-allocation of resources, function of money is eroded), different types of inflation, how it is measured, problems of measurement, causes, measurements to deal with inflation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Hi, i was wondering if any1 can help me answer this question for economics:

'Why might a country wish to restrain inflationary pressures?'

Its worth 15marks and any points will be helpful as i dont know where 2 start!

Thanks

Jim
    I did business but there are similiar traits from both subjects.

1)Inflation will increase the price of goods generally and therefore this will mean people will want higher wages to afford these items.
    2)With prices increasing, it may mean that our products will be more expensive, what this will mean is that foreign countries are less likely to buy our exports,damaging the economy.

I'll get back to you once I have done my revision for maths.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.