This discussion is closed.
Johannaib
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
:confused:I NEED HELP!!!
I am just so confused over prescribed title nr 6...I have allready written an essay but one which I am not very proud over....HELP
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Johannaib)
:confused:I NEED HELP!!!
I am just so confused over prescribed title nr 6...I have allready written an essay but one which I am not very proud over....HELP
what is title 6 again?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what is TOK???
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
what is TOK???
Theory of Knowledge
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
found it...

6 “This rubber tree won’t yield latex—the biologist blames the sapling, the geologist blames the soil, the contractor blames the unskilled labourer and the owner says it is fighting back at being controlled.” (Amithav Ghosh) If different Ways of Knowing or Areas of Knowledge yield contradictory statements about the world, on what basis do we choose among them?

My suggestion -choose another topic, as this one sucks.
Johannaib
Thanks for your advice Linda, but I have already followed it...and to everybody else just ignore topic 6, OK!
Tok sucks ass
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Heya! I've just handed in my second draft for that essay as well. I'm one of the only ones in my year doing it, though! My teacher basically said it was absolute shite, so I'm writing it again. At the moment its looking pretty okay, i got a few similar essays off the internet, just to give me an idea about what other people are writing about!

Basically, I've been talking about how we acquire knowledge, and how we justify knowledge claims. I made sure to use all the linking questions, but unfortunately my paper turned out really stiff and systematic... but i'm glad to hear someone else in the world is doing this topic! lol.

Good luck on it, it will turn out just fine!
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The question isn't that hard, you just have to get what it's asking for (what area of knowledge is the most objective/trustworthy and how do we know etc etc).
Johannaib
Hi again...Yeah...maybe the question wasn't that hard but I ignored it anyway, and went for prescribed nr 9.....this one I like...my advice to all of you: Choose prescribed nr 9....NOW!
akk713
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Johannaib)
Hi again...Yeah...maybe the question wasn't that hard but I ignored it anyway, and went for prescribed nr 9.....this one I like...my advice to all of you: Choose prescribed nr 9....NOW!
Hi boys and girls I'm new to this forum and I just want to say I am also a victim of the IB and also one of the victims working on TOK essay title no. 6!!

My teacher just needs my outline, hopefully I can change my topic
if you still want my outline feel free to say so (it sucks though)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (35)
14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (54)
21.6%
Live streaming events (24)
9.6%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (24)
9.6%
A uni comparison tool (59)
23.6%
An in-person event when available (54)
21.6%