?
Report 14 years ago
maths
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Science, never exactly a strong point, despite being placed in the top GCSE set and therefore doing triple science. To this day I don't really know why I am doing A2 Biology!
N9ne
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
At GCSE, although easy, English is probably the 'hardest subject' to be sure of the answer! So many marks for individual questions and the possibilities are endless. I suppose I'm more scientific and logical in my thinking, hence I find Maths and the Sciences easier.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the best thing about my english GCSE was having a teacher who was clearly drugged up on anti-depressants or something, who showed us Shrek on video for the last 3 lessons of term or so. At first she pretended it was for the course, but then she would just replay the donkey singing "Baby Got Back" over and over... very weird, and completely true!
Toy Soldier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by N9ne)
At GCSE, although easy, English is probably the 'hardest subject' to be sure of the answer!
But that's what makes it so easy! Half of the time you don't even need to know the answer, so long as you write it well and SOUND like you know what you're saying you'll get near enough full marks. Write about underlying emotional themes even if you didn't see one, and the importance of a line of dialogue that you found boring... throw in a few important-looking quotes and bingo! A+
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thekillersrock)
the best thing about my english GCSE was having a teacher who was clearly drugged up on anti-depressants or something, who showed us Shrek on video for the last 3 lessons of term or so. At first she pretended it was for the course, but then she would just replay the donkey singing "Baby Got Back" over and over... very weird, and completely true!
My English teacher was a hippy. If the topic of drugs came up in a book or something, she always clearly wanted to put a positive spin on smoking weed :rolleyes:

Also, she played that "pull it, twist it, bop it" game with a group of girls in my class on the last day. Watching a half-stoned 50 year old teacher headbutting a piece of plastic (at the wrong time) is fun.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Funny but I can't imagine a maths or science teacher in either of those scenarios. It must be something about strangeness or mental instability that predisposes people to becoming english teachers.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thekillersrock)
Funny but I can't imagine a maths or science teacher in either of those scenarios. It must be something about strangeness or mental instability that predisposes people to becoming english teachers.
I dunno, my Chemistry teacher was obsessed with WWE wrestling and Shrek. And one day I'm convinced he was stoned in class... he was swaying about at his desk, then he walked into a chair, and blew something up then started giggling when trying to show us an experiment.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL!

Those who like weed, teach.

Teachers are silly, who in their right mind would want to spend their days with obnoxious and/or scrubby teenagers or snotty little reception kids who piss themselves every five minutes?
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
gotta be english... but i a dyslexic (probly spelt wrong)
Rose64
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maths, definitely. I thought I would never have to face it again after scarping a C at GCSE, only to find it in General Studies. Oh how I did weep. Science is hard too, but perhaps slightly less so, as it's not just numbers. Sorry if I'm being ignorant about maths, I can see how it's fascinating and I respect mathematicians a lot, but I just can't do it!

I love English
Carelesswhispers
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
None of them are particularly hard - got the same grades in all of them at GCSE (i realise GCSE isnt exactly really hard). Guess its just whether u enjoy them or not; contemplated doing either biology, chemistry, physics, maths or english for AS level (but thought that about all my subjects really!) Now the subject i found hard was music
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by need_money)
Chemistry. So i said science.
chemistry is my easiest subject.....the lowest grade I;ve ever gotten in that was class was an A.

:aetsch:
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my english suks...
my essays are total cac...
...but i'm proud of it!
parsimony
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
definitely science it is the hardest thing ever to write labs in biology
pooh_bear
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i found maths the hardest, i was hoping id never have to do it again after id left school but no we have to study it in college too it sucks so much its just too difficult, i have to have special help with it which is so embarresing cos it makes me feel stupid, i mean i can't even add up a simple sum like 8 + 5 without using my fingers!!!
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
math and science
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not a (traditional) scientist or a mathematician, but I am appalling at English. I didn't know what a metaphor was until the week before GCSE exams... English Lit was my only B at GCSE. English language = A*. wtf?!

Quantitative science is hard. But Physics stuff like the universe, relativity, dimensions, astronomy etc is really interesting (well, to me :p:)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.03%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (144)
38.92%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.46%

Watched Threads