The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd say it was a personality trait rather than an emotion, but that's just me...
Reply 2
I suppose shyness could be attributed to fear of embarressment or fear of rejection or humiliation, so it could be an emotion.
Reply 3
well you do "feel" it, so i'd say its quite close to an emotion
Reply 4
It isnt classed as an emotion but as a personality trait
Reply 5
Shyness can be the result of a number of emotions I would say. It is not an emotion itself though.
Trusty Livejournal doesn't have it listed under its lists of 'moods' either :wink:
Reply 7
shyness is a form of fear and fear is an emotion so i'd say yes. you're definitely feeling and emotion when you're feeling shy because you're not being completely rational
Reply 8
it's all in little Murdok's head...
horrorboy
just wondered

not really. Its a state of mind but not an emotion I wouldnt say :rolleyes:
Reply 10
F1 fanatic
not really. Its a state of mind but not an emotion I wouldnt say :rolleyes:

cool replies :biggrin: i just didn't know, is embarasment an emotion then? what about feeling lonely or scared?

sorry, im asking questions as though i was born this morning :redface: also im actually doing an exam on emotions and relationships soon so i need to get my facts right :biggrin:

btw im eating an iron bru flavour chewy stick and it tastes like vimto
Reply 11
Yeh, being embarrassed is an emotion, but I wouldn't say being shy was- it's more of an adjective.
i get shy even around my best mates................
Reply 13
glance
Yeh, being embarrassed is an emotion, but I wouldn't say being shy was- it's more of an adjective.

yeah ure probably right in a way since there both the same thing

Latest

Trending

Trending