Watch
This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Is anyone else in the following situation:

Each morning you get up in a wave of enthusiasm. Sadly this enthusiasm lasts about 10 seconds as you go downstairs to find nothing in the post from any of the unis that you have applied to.

You then organise the remainder of your working day around logging into the UCAS website every three hours just to see if anything has been updated!

LOL, I know that it's sad and I will probably "forget" about my UCAS application in a week or so however at the moment it is very much at the forefront of my mind, almost pre-occuping me in everything that I do!!!

All I want is one reasonable, realistic offer to come back, then I can finally relax!!!
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'd have thought the postal strike here in London would preclude people from feeling optimistic.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)

Each morning you get up in a wave of enthusiasm. Sadly this enthusiasm lasts about 10 seconds as you go downstairs to find nothing in the post from any of the unis that you have applied to.

You then organise the remainder of your working day around logging into the UCAS website every three hours just to see if anything has been updated!

LOL, I know that it's sad and I will probably "forget" about my UCAS application in a week or so however at the moment it is very much at the forefront of my mind, almost pre-occuping me in everything that I do!!!

All I want is one reasonable, realistic offer to come back, then I can finally relax!!!
I do the same thing!!! Then stay on UK learning for three hours. lol! I was glad when I got my offer from Sheffield, but even more glad when I got a unconditional offer from Leicester to do law!!!
ThunderCat8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Every day gets more and more tense waiting for information through the post! Whenever i hear the letterbox go, i'm down those stairs like a bolt of lightning! And when there is nothing, i just sulk!! Ok, i dont sulk, but its annoying! I'm too impatient! I did get a nice magazine through from UCAS this morning which was nice. At least I know they have my address right!!
kat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
umm i know what you mean, but even more when you do recieve a letter from a university and they are only asking you to attend an open day or something when you think its an offer-thats annoying!
BABYGUY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Mm.......you Get Ucas Offers Through E-mail? You Saying That Oxford Could Send You A Rejection Or Offer Via E-mail? How Does It All Work?
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by BABYGUY)
Mm.......you Get Ucas Offers Through E-mail? You Saying That Oxford Could Send You A Rejection Or Offer Via E-mail? How Does It All Work?
they might even phone you...
Alexander
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I got a letter from Durham this afternoon (post arriving late if at all because the normal postman is on strike ) -- it was little more than an acknowledgement, but it cheered me up to see something was happening.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago

Poor you!! But when do you ever go the school to learn and pass those A Levels you so badly need?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago

But the thing is, once youve got an offer you want another one lol. Its like an addiction! I got one from my fourth choice uni and its grades as reasonable AAB, but I still feel like I want more lol.
Lurker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
But the thing is, once youve got an offer you want another one lol. Its like an addiction! I got one from my fourth choice uni and its grades as reasonable AAB, but I still feel like I want more lol.
I'd be sooooo happy to have all my offers, but right now, if I had just one at least I'd be able to relax a little in the knowledge that there's somewhere I can go next year.
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I know how you feel!! I got really excited when my first offer arrived a few weeks ago - I thought I was on a roll, and then everything's just gone so quiet! I check every day...but what a shame, nothing changes except for the format of the silly site!!! :mad:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.05%
No (514)
48.95%

Watched Threads