This discussion is closed.
__Dreams__
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Just wondering as the uni says it wont give accomodation to people within 25 miles but according to multimap (www.multimap.co.uk) i am 33 miles away.
however do they work it out by the roads u take or just how far away in a straight line ?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not sure but 25 and 33 is quite a big difference so no matter how they work it out I doubt you can get it under 25 miles.
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't use microsoft's navigating system to get 33, then you should be allright
__Dreams__
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
"Not sure but 25 and 33 is quite a big difference so no matter how they work it out I doubt you can get it under 25 miles."
- AT82

Thats what i thought

"Don't use microsoft's navigating system to get 33, then you should be allright"
- ponjavic

I used www.multimap.co.uk
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by __Dreams__)
"Not sure but 25 and 33 is quite a big difference so no matter how they work it out I doubt you can get it under 25 miles."
- AT82

Thats what i thought

"Don't use microsoft's navigating system to get 33, then you should be allright"
- ponjavic

I used www.multimap.co.uk
Sorry I was joking following how to get from one point in norway to another going through england and germany
DRWallace
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by __Dreams__)
Just wondering as the uni says it wont give accomodation to people within 25 miles but according to multimap (www.multimap.co.uk) i am 33 miles away.
however do they work it out by the roads u take or just how far away in a straight line ?
Sometimes they do it by time. Glasgow uni said 25 miles. I was closer but because I couldn't get a train a train at 8 o'clock in order to get to a 9 o'clock lecture, I would have been given accomodation.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.96%
No (154)
74.04%

Watched Threads