Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is the last weekend my location will say 'Melbourne' for a long time to come (alright, prolly June/July this year LOL, but it's a long time for me :p: ). Travelling interstate for uni soon, I'm exited, but not, if you know what I mean.

How many of you TSRians live away from your hometown for uni? I'm one of the rare Australians (apart from country Australians) that do, as most Aussies tend to live at home for uni. I wanted to study at the ANU (www.anu.edu.au) because they offered particular courses that weren't available at the uni's near where I live.

Danni xox

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying in Southampton and my family are at home in London. To be honest i don't really get homesick. Its about an hour and a half away. And i very rarely go back. Thats probably more to do with the fact that i don't like being at home though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I'm studying in Southampton and my family are at home in London. To be honest i don't really get homesick. Its about an hour and a half away. And i very rarely go back. Thats probably more to do with the fact that i don't like being at home though.
    I live like 9 hours away from home :eek: But that's Australia for you, lol - the two cities I live in are supposed to be relatively 'close' to one another, apparently :rolleyes: Why don't you like living at home Sarky? Apart from my parents lol, I love it! Family friends so close by... etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Danni!

Yeah I live away from home whilst at uni too...I am enjoying it!

I hope everything goes well for you in your new location and that you do well on your course! Enjoy your last weekend home and have a safe journey!

Cheers,
    nikk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    This is the last weekend my location will say 'Melbourne' for a long time to come (alright, prolly June/July this year LOL, but it's a long time for me :p: ). Travelling interstate for uni soon, I'm exited, but not, if you know what I mean.

How many of you TSRians live away from your hometown for uni? I'm one of the rare Australians (apart from country Australians) that do, as most Aussies tend to live at home for uni. I wanted to study at the ANU (www.anu.edu.au) because they offered particular courses that weren't available at the uni's near where I live.

Danni xox
    Have fun in canberra, if you see a Brumbie by the name of Adam Wallace-Harrison around tell him Max want him back at Sunnybank so he can beat his arse himself. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well... next year I'll be away from home Anywhere from 20 miles/1 hour (Southampton) to 120 (or so)/3 hours in Exeter. I think 95% of university students live away from home here.

Have fun Danni :hello:

ReputationRep:
    I live away from home- either a 3 hour train ride or a just undet 2 hour car journey. Its ok but nothing special plus it gets really annoying having to cook/clean/do laundry for yourself after a while.

Roll on going home at the end of term (11th March )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    I live like 9 hours away from home :eek: But that's Australia for you, lol - the two cities I live in are supposed to be relatively 'close' to one another, apparently :rolleyes: Why don't you like living at home Sarky? Apart from my parents lol, I love it! Family friends so close by... etc.
    Bah too many bad memories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Hi Danni!

Yeah I live away from home whilst at uni too...I am enjoying it!

I hope everything goes well for you in your new location and that you do well on your course! Enjoy your last weekend home and have a safe journey!

Cheers,
    nikk.
    Hehe thanks! And maybe soon we'll be able to talk about a particular subject we have in common - human biology and phys (if you're still studying it, right?).

Danni xox
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I live in Nottingham, but I'm at York uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Have fun in canberra, if you see a Brumbie by the name of Adam Wallace-Harrison around tell him Max want him back at Sunnybank so he can beat his arse himself. lol.
    I had visions of this occuring, I so knew you would write something like that LOL! Yeah every1 here seems to go for the Brumbies, it's madness - I can hardly get a say in about the AFL :rolleyes: Hehe, I have a friend who actually cheerleads for the Brumbies, not sure if that's a good or bad thing - but she's also a fab dancer. OK, lol if I see this Adam out and about one night, I'll say... hi

ReputationRep:
    hi danni bella !!!
    welcome back to england, the country where great things happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    hi danni bella !!!
    welcome back to england, the country where great things happen
    Now I'm jst a LITTLE bit confused as how you'd say that :confused: :rolleyes: *'beam me up' *

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a random popping in but where in Melbourne are you studying?! I've never actually lived in Melbourne unless you count long holidays, but I'm Australian (proud Melbournian) and I was || this close to attending Monash for uni

Any chance I could get you to pop by the Formula One shop near Flinders St. Station to buy me a poster? LOL (kidding) - but I love that place <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John!)
    Bit of a random popping in but where in Melbourne are you studying?! I've never actually lived in Melbourne unless you count long holidays, but I'm Australian (proud Melbournian) and I was || this close to attending Monash for uni

Any chance I could get you to pop by the Formula One shop near Flinders St. Station to buy me a poster? LOL (kidding) - but I love that place <3
    :eek: Are you serious?? :eek: Kool! I'm leaving tomorrow actually, so I won't be here for much longer! My uni's located 9 hours away in another state Formula 1, lol, exiting tho, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Bah too many bad memories.
    Ok.

ReputationRep:
    It is! You won't believe the great prices you can get there.

I went in March 2004 and found some 2003 stuff for dirt cheap! Some shirts selling for 5 dollars Australian...bought 4 of them *of course* Haha. I don't suppose you're close?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John!)
    It is! You won't believe the great prices you can get there.

I went in March 2004 and found some 2003 stuff for dirt cheap! Some shirts selling for 5 dollars Australian...bought 4 of them *of course* Haha. I don't suppose you're close?
    Not too far :p: Why does your location say Hong Kong ---> London? Do you live in both places, I'm confuzzled :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Hong Kong my whole life until I moved here for uni :P

Do you have MSN? Want to PM it to me ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John!)
    I lived in Hong Kong my whole life until I moved here for uni :P

Do you have MSN? Want to PM it to me ^^
    For some unfortunate reason it doesn't work on the uni computers, and since I'm heading there - soz

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.