This discussion is closed.
himurakenshin
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I have a project to do where I have to select certain data and display it as a horizontal bar graph another set of stats and display it as a histogram. I need to also explain why I have chosen the graph for the data. The stats will most prob be some official governmental data but I can choose anything. I can thing of the obvious graphs to do but I need something good.
Thanks in advance
Aitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by himurakenshin)
I have a project to do where I have to select certain data and display it as a horizontal bar graph another set of stats and display it as a histogram. I need to also explain why I have chosen the graph for the data. The stats will most prob be some official governmental data but I can choose anything. I can thing of the obvious graphs to do but I need something good.
Thanks in advance
Lots of strange graphing possibilities in MS Excel.

An interesting example might be that some French secondary schools use Radar (spider) charts to display attainment in the main suject areas for careers guidance. They set up a spreadsheet for a class with averaged marks for (say) 8 important sujects (all ex 20, French style) then display a radar chart for each student. The shape gives an indication of best performance area(s)

Aitch
himurakenshin
I don't need strange graphs, I just need ideas of data to graph - some set of data which I can explain why I used the horizontal bar graph or histogram (I need one set of data for hor. bar and another different set of data for hist.)
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, I'm a bit rusty on when you use the different graphs, so if you explain that I'll try to help (yeah, could read stats book but that's boring)
manps
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
a very good graph program can be downloaded from www.autograph-math.com very good program
himurakenshin
I'll state the question again (or rather my problem). I need to know what is some good data to display in (1) a histogram (2) a horizontal bar chart and I need reasons why I chose the graph for the selected data sets
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by juno_the)
Well, I'm a bit rusty on when you use the different graphs, so if you explain that I'll try to help (yeah, could read stats book but that's boring)
I'll state my answer again then:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (67)
66.34%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
20.79%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
12.87%

Watched Threads