Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzyBR)
    It is a well known fact among the race of men that girls who do maths and science are not fit...should stick to us arts at UCL.
    nah.. :shot: ..not like that at least in my school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mak101)
    ... ud bloody be sayin the same thing if ther was more girls than boys at imperial...
    doubtful, sorry and all but I just don't believe we're so narrow-minded. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dead Chic)
    doubtful, sorry and all but I just don't believe we're so narrow-minded. :p:
    It's not narrow-minded to want a girlfriend, it's perfectly natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    It's not narrow-minded to want a girlfriend, it's perfectly natural.
    its narrow-minded when that's the criteria ur basing ur uni choices on!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wouldn't base my uni choice on that. Although if my odds were as bad as they are for boys at imperial the situation might be slightly different...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzyBR)
    It is a well known fact among the race of men that girls who do maths and science are not fit...should stick to us arts at UCL.
    yeah girls who do sciences at university usually look like men

ReputationRep:
    you people are so mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dead Chic)
    its narrow-minded when that's the criteria ur basing ur uni choices on!
    not basing decision on it! Its merely an influencing factor; something every rightminded person looks into, lol :p:

also, the final decision if based on an equillibrium decision, taking into consideration all the factors neccessary in student life at uni, from academic standards, accommodation, rents, girls, food costs, and people in the uni...
    ... so we boys are not basing decisions on it, lol.

logic rules! maths rules!...and an equillibrium in all the above factors ensures one is perfectly apt at uni, and enjoys it for 3/4 years etc.

phil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    yeah girls who do sciences at university usually look like men
    does that mean that guys who do arts look like girls? and I thought my version of the world was messed up....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    Its merely an influencing factor; something every rightminded person looks into, lol :p:

phil
    an influencing factor? lol, that how you trying to excuse yourself? :p:

(Original post by Phil23)
    logic rules! maths rules!...and an equillibrium in all the above factors ensures one is perfectly apt at uni

phil
    that sentence just won our argument that guys are in fact more geeky than girls. :p:

ReputationRep:
    the girls at the royal college of music have gota be fit!!!! and the fact that am a musical guy myself, theyll even be more fit!!!! on the other hand , i wouldnt mind dating a nice female computer scientist, i like computers too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swishmasta)
    i wouldnt mind dating a nice female computer scientist, i like computers too
    im not sure there are any at imperial.

ReputationRep:
    the girls at the royal college of music have gota be fit!!!! and the fact that am a musical guy myself, theyll even be more fit!!!! on the other hand , i wouldnt mind dating a nice female computer scientist, i like computers too
    We don't really have anything to do with the RCM. At least if you're non-musical, like me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    We don't really have anything to do with the RCM. At least if you're non-musical, like me.
    that's not completely true. many musicians at IC have scholarships at RCM, and some groups rehearse in the RCM building.

and many RCM people find their union so abominably bad that they come to our student union. we also have had a high proportion of fit american girls hanging around our union this term, for some unknown reason (maybe they wanted to meet some geeks :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    that's not completely true. many musicians at IC have scholarships at RCM, and some groups rehearse in the RCM building.

and many RCM people find their union so abominably bad that they come to our student union. we also have had a high proportion of fit american girls hanging around our union this term, for some unknown reason (maybe they wanted to meet some geeks :p:)
    scholarships at rcm, what are those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    we also have had a high proportion of fit american girls hanging around our union this term, for some unknown reason (maybe they wanted to meet some geeks :p:)
    LOL sounds like American Pie. ''one day I will find my geek''

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately they are just exchange students....that means what happens in London stays in London, at least for them...so party on.

ReputationRep:
    i went on a fact finding mission over half term for about 3 days at imperial, and stayed with my sis. some things noticed
    1/ pretty much every1 there are geeks bar the medics but there quite cleekey
    2/ the main topic.... the girls... ok so u have every ethnic background but with a predominance on oriental(bout 60%)... id say of all the girls i met about 4 were fit(bar last day)
    3/ went to a maths lecture one day to check it out and was v v boaring and most of the front seats were filled with walking cliches
    4/ beit may be closest and nicest, but is v v far away from a gd nite out, so think about the whole reasons behind london.
    5/ this was only my experience and on the last day i went to see my sister model for this 'east meets west' thing and most of the girls there were pretty hot, so its just luck of the draw

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    we also have had a high proportion of fit american girls hanging around our union this term, for some unknown reason (maybe they wanted to meet some geeks :p:)
    That is true, we had fun chatting them up for the couple weeks when they were out in force, before they realised there were better places :p:

ReputationRep:
    scholarships at rcm, what are those?
    it's called the Ash Music Scholarship, (or Exhibitions), you audition at some point once you already have an offer at IC. and the scholarship entitles you to free music lessons at RCM.
    and also, you're expected to contribute quite a bit to the IC musical scene.

there is also a physics with music degree you can take, which is basically joint honours - between the physics dept and RCM. but apparently alot of people on that degree course end up dropping out and doing RCM once they work out how little work they have to do

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.