This discussion is closed.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amo1)
i went on a fact finding mission over half term for about 3 days at imperial, and stayed with my sis. some things noticed
1/ pretty much every1 there are geeks bar the medics but there quite cleekey
2/ the main topic.... the girls... ok so u have every ethnic background but with a predominance on oriental(bout 60%)... id say of all the girls i met about 4 were fit(bar last day)
3/ went to a maths lecture one day to check it out and was v v boaring and most of the front seats were filled with walking cliches
4/ beit may be closest and nicest, but is v v far away from a gd nite out, so think about the whole reasons behind london.
5/ this was only my experience and on the last day i went to see my sister model for this 'east meets west' thing and most of the girls there were pretty hot, so its just luck of the draw

hope this helps
1. your sis is probably a medic, hence your stereotype :p:. there are plenty of non geeks around, but they won't be chilling on campus or in the library, which you probably visited. they'd be out on high st ken shopping or doing other stuff.
2. there ARE fit girls here (even if many seem to be medics :eek:) mostly not the artsy types tho
3. you probably ended up in a really dull lecture. we have some really funny lecturers as well. also, most courses will sound boring to someone if they haven't been taking the course and getting involved with the work
4. beit is one of the best places to live for a night out. the bus stop is ideally placed 2 mins walk away for trips to leicester square,Kings, LSE/tott court road,UCL. it's next to the albert hall so the buses go there like every 5 mins
5. agreed. there were plenty of gorgeous looking girls in east meets west.
bleeper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I go to an all boys school. However the boys seem to be doing better than our sister schools our ladies and st annes at GCSE. However i am not sure about A level
BossLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
All these mean comments about the girls at Imperial...
Well let me tell you something boys, you might not be in short-supply at Imperial, but it doesn't mean we think any better of you, than you do of us.
I'd much rather have quality than quantity!
Urban_Predator
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DaveManUK)
im not sure there are any at imperial.

im one of the few female computer scientist and i can assure you im not a geek -> listen to metal, love art, wear baggy clothes and dont do much in the way of work etc etc. if any of you are planning on choosing a uni by the ratio of girls to boys you're clearly too dense to go to uni in the first place, dont come to imperial, we dont need you. you guys are a*sehats if you say that girls that do sciences arent fit, there are plenty of good looking girls in imperial.

oh, and "TIMAAAAAAAAAAY", your mum looks like a man.
Mehh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Me thinks this thread is just going to get worse and worse...why don't the moderators just close it...
If it does get closed the summary of what everybody WOULD have said is...
Women in Imperial are few and far between. Then most them are dogs.
Men are in abundant supply but are mostly geeky weirdos and are quite scary.
Sigh...can't we all just get along? Besides...look out the window...its called the wider world...yes...go out into it...run FREE!!!
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Urban_Predator)
you guys are a*sehats if you say that girls that do sciences arent fit, there are plenty of good looking girls in imperial.
Yes, mainly me...(and perhaps you, though i obviously upstage you COMPLETELY when you are seen near me!)

I think we can ACTUALLY conclude from this thread:
1.The girls are fit at Imperial, there just aren't many girls...-if any of you fellas disagree, I suggest you get stronger glasses from the opticians and look away from the computer screen(a pixel art version of britney spears etc does not constitute fit...she isn't real, she is an image drawn by someone )
2. There are numerous non-fit and ridiculously geeky guys, but if you wade in amongst the geeks, you'll come across some really good-looking guys
Clearly Mehh isn't one of them...and falls into the geek category, either that or he just hasn't seen me yet
Urban_Predator
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
Yes, mainly me...(and perhaps you, though i obviously upstage you COMPLETELY when you are seen near me!)

1.The girls are fit at Imperial, there just aren't many girls...-if any of you fellas disagree, I suggest you get stronger glasses from the opticians and look away from the computer screen(a pixel art version of britney spears etc does not constitute fit...she isn't real, she is an image drawn by someone )
2. There are numerous non-fit and ridiculously geeky guys, but if you wade in amongst the geeks, you'll come across some really good-looking guys
Clearly Mehh isn't one of them...and falls into the geek category, either that or he just hasn't seen me yet
*rolls eyes*
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

goes with the avatar
Mehh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

/me Bangs head against table
My comment is merely an ironic version of your summary...
The rest of the post is merely stating that this discussion really isn't going to end....*sigh* especially if you take offence at everything there is to be said by an Imperial Student.
However it is true that I am rather geeky. In fact I embrase this fact. Is there really anything wrong with being somewhat geeky? Its not like I don't know what fun is....

Sorry if I offended you.

BUT anyways CAN WE PLEASE JUST STOP THIS THREAD

Its getting very rediculus...its like bloody playground stylie girls vs boys
For CHRIST SAKES we're adults here (except Genius Boy...but I doubt he is on these forums). We don't need a bliming flame war against each other...thats what UCL is for!
A.J
Report 14 years ago
You tell them Aron.
swishmasta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hehe i cant believe this thread is still alive.
MonsieurE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This thread started off funny and now it is descending into a warzone! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! :tsr:
KerChing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by EamonnHF)
This thread started off funny and now it is descending into a warzone! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! :tsr:
lol.. all is good, the truth is out... anyone wanna know the truth??
Urban_Predator
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by KerChing)
lol.. all is good, the truth is out... anyone wanna know the truth??
yes, i was growing tired of people being a bit melodramtic with the "lets stop the thread cause i dont wanna read other peoples opinions" attitude, im praying the "truth" will be far less boring... *prays*
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Urban_Predator)
*rolls eyes*
okay fine fine I admit it, you are a dog!
The truth sure is out now!!
Urban_Predator
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
okay fine fine I admit it, you are a dog!
The truth sure is out now!!

haha, lies, you drunk
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mehh)
/me Bangs head against table
My comment is merely an ironic version of your summary...
The rest of the post is merely stating that this discussion really isn't going to end....*sigh* especially if you take offence at everything there is to be said by an Imperial Student.
However it is true that I am rather geeky. In fact I embrase this fact. Is there really anything wrong with being somewhat geeky? Its not like I don't know what fun is....

Sorry if I offended you.

BUT anyways CAN WE PLEASE JUST STOP THIS THREAD

Its getting very rediculus...its like bloody playground stylie girls vs boys
For CHRIST SAKES we're adults here (except Genius Boy...but I doubt he is on these forums). We don't need a bliming flame war against each other...thats what UCL is for!
This is a forum kiddo, and people are having a banter, if you can't handle that, you might want to turn off the computer screen and endure real life for a change, far far worse goes on. Though with an apparently weak disposition like yours well hey I can see why you haven't left your monitor
Urban_Predator
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This is a forum kiddo, and people are having a banter, if you can't handle that, you might want to turn off the computer screen and endure real life for a change, far far worse goes on. Though with an apparently weak disposition like yours well hey I can see why you haven't left your monitor
lol exactly, upon seeing that the "Girls at Imperial" thread had been updated, at what point did you:
1) decide to click on the link even though you evidentally dont like people talking about this subject anymore?
2) decide to tell people to not express their opinions?

does any of it strike you as being a little odd?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads