This discussion is closed.
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
heres a nice example
It is a lot worse than that I am afraid..
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
those things are known to cause skin cancer...
UV radiation emitted by the "natural light source"
sorry to be the bringer of bad news...
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by heminder)
those things are known to cause skin cancer...
UV radiation emitted by the "natural light source"
sorry to be the bringer of bad news...
Exposure to UV is veerrrrrry bad news whether artifical or not. It is strange that tanned skin is seen as being healthy whereas quite the opposite is true!
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to go on for 6 mins every other day then within 3 months I noticed that i had loads of freckles and lines around my eyes. now I never go on and use fake tan and I have to use night cream and aloe vera in an atempt to hold the damage that I've doen to my skin.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
Both of my granddad's died of cancer, and one of my grandmothers died of some weird hereditory brain thing. Plus my mum has heart / bloodpressure / cholesterol problems and every mental illness under the sun. I'm genetically screwed
Cancer's also not necessarily hereditary, there are some genes which predispose towards certain types, but not all.

Actually, if you take a natural tan and don't burn without sun cream you're not that likely to get skin cancer anyway. It's the idiots who have naturally fair skin but are still determined to lie in the sun for hours that have a problem.
A little bit less likely, as they have more melanin. But that does not mean it can't happen, and you should still use some suncream anyway (lower SPF though) as it'll prevent you aging etc.
SophistiCat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
do you think fashion will ever change so that people prefer whiter skin?
I think it already has, I read this in this months 'Glamour' magazine:

'Tanning and self-tanning is becoming so Z-list and sun-awareness is so massive. You want to look like you take care of your skin. You want to look like you think! '

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads