This discussion is closed.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
I don't think any of the art in the competition is quite that bad. I certainly don't pretend to be very good, I rarely draw anything, I have very little involvement in anything artistic.
actually i think you have one of the better ones here
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
profesh.deviantart.com

Call it conceit, but I'd love to see you do better :rolleyes:
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
Their eyelids would be shut, not open. One of my art teachers said it was a lost art
i tried doing "shut eye" art, its pretty kewl, becuase during the process you have a mental picture of what you think you have drawn, and its interesting to open your eyes and see that what you thought you drew is usually quite different from what you have actually produced...

sometimes it comes out crap (you can't tell what its supposed to look like), but most of the time, you can see the different parts of the object you were drawing, which are far away from each other but joined together.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
i tried doing "shut eye" art, its pretty kewl, becuase during the process you have a mental picture of what you think you have drawn, and its interesting to open your eyes and see that what you thought you drew is usually quite different from what you have actually produced...

sometimes it comes out crap (you can't tell what its supposed to look like), but most of the time, you can see the different parts of the object you were drawing, which are far away from each other but joined together.
ive tried it to0, its quite fun
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
This poll closes tonight between 10 and 12pm I'll let you know in advance when exactly!
puppy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
This poll closes tonight between 10 and 12pm I'll let you know in advance when exactly!
Question; What if the winner wins by one vote having voted for themselves?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Then the runner up is an idiot for not voting for themselves.
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
I dunno... I'm hoping that doesn't happen! In the event of a tie, however, the person who hasn't voted for themselves will win.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the person who hasn't voted for themselves will win.
And how would you deduce that?
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Profesh)
And how would you deduce that?
It's a public poll.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's a public poll.
Who voted for themselves, that is.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm not about to trust blindly in the honesty and integrity of my compatriates; with all due respect, you understand.
pantryboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"it has been established that energy is such that it cannot be "created" or "destroyed" in the traditional sense; as an object by, or in itself, and we accept, therefore, that energy must be inherent in anything and everything that exists"

It does not logically follow from the information provided that energy must be 'inherent in anything and everything that existst'. Follow this deductive argument:

1) Energy cannot be created.
2) Energy cannot be destroyed
3) Therefore energy is inherent in anything and everything that exists.

This sequence is what we call an inductive argument; it is based entirely on subjectivity and estimation. The conclusion is indeed correct but the method by which this conclusion was reached is not such that the conclusion logically follows. The fact that energy cannot be created or destroyed does not suggest anything with regard the placement or distribution of that energy. Imagine, for example, there is a limit of 20kj of energy in the universe, this energy can neither be created nor destroyed but this line of argument does not allow the conclusion that this energy is distributed such that everything and anything inherently contains a share of this, to be inferred. You are right in your conclusion but it is a conclusion that must be reached via a different sequence of argument.

Sorry - I was just looking at your deviant art page Profesh - I need to polish my philosophical skills such that I can be prepared for my UCL Open Day on Wednesday.
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Profesh)
Who voted for themselves, that is.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm not about to trust blindly in the honesty and integrity of my compatriates; with all due respect, you understand.
Yeah, but it's far too small a matter to worry about these things, really!
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*cries due to lack of appreciation for art*
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nobody told Murdok about an Art Competition!
i've had these lying around since yr10.
if i remember, they got entered into the Wrong Exhibition aaages ago...
blurry photos everyone...
(for the gallery)
Attached files
extreme
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
just a thought, but could it also be possible that the contenders in this poll could ask others secretly to vote for them?
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Juxtapiped)
"it has been established that energy is such that it cannot be "created" or "destroyed" in the traditional sense; as an object by, or in itself, and we accept, therefore, that energy must be inherent in anything and everything that exists"

It does not logically follow from the information provided that energy must be 'inherent in anything and everything that existst'. Follow this deductive argument:

1) Energy cannot be created.
2) Energy cannot be destroyed
3) Therefore energy is inherent in anything and everything that exists.

This sequence is what we call an inductive argument; it is based entirely on subjectivity and estimation. The conclusion is indeed correct but the method by which this conclusion was reached is not such that the conclusion logically follows. The fact that energy cannot be created or destroyed does not suggest anything with regard the placement or distribution of that energy. Imagine, for example, there is a limit of 20kj of energy in the universe, this energy can neither be created nor destroyed but this line of argument does not allow the conclusion that this energy is distributed such that everything and anything inherently contains a share of this, to be inferred. You are right in your conclusion but it is a conclusion that must be reached via a different sequence of argument.

Sorry - I was just looking at your deviant art page Profesh - I need to polish my philosophical skills such that I can be prepared for my UCL Open Day on Wednesday.
Fair dos. Although you must recognise that I wrote that around the end of Y11, and am not nearly so proud of it now, as I was then. I've never really studied Philosophy, so I hope you'll forgive my ignorance
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Okay I er... forgot to close the poll Closing TONIGHT at 10 ok
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This was a popularity contest :mad:
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
This was a popularity contest :mad:
er...yes. the most popular usually wins in a poll
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
10%
No (9)
90%

Watched Threads