Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Razorlight FanClub (Unofficial) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Calling Razorlight fans on TSR. Post and general chat on one of Britains upcoming rock/indie talent.

Rock On...................:rock::thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    I'll join.

ReputationRep:
    Golden Touch is the best song ever.

But I still wouldn't call them upcoming.

ReputationRep:
    Theyre alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krim)
    Theyre alright.
    thats enthusiasm for ya

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard there new song 'Somewhere Else'? If thats anything to go by their next album is gonna rock!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see them in March :cool: they're cool. I hear Jonny Borell is a bit of an arse though.

ReputationRep:
    I saw them 3 times last year in october at the birmingham Academy, Radio One One big weekend and supporting the Manics at the NEC. The atmosphere was electric at all the gigs but most at the birmingham academy. Never been to a gig like that before. They have a certain stage presence. He isn't so arogant (Jonny) when he is performing but definately off stage he is. Probably the reason why they weren't nominated for a Brit.

ReputationRep:
    Don't mind them which reminds me i really need to go pick up my tickets i'm gonna go see them in march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose64)
    I'm going to see them in March :cool: they're cool. I hear Jonny Borell is a bit of an arse though.
    :dito: He's a good kisser tho hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose64)
    quite an understatment.

he's an arse on stage too, you'll notice it.

ReputationRep:
    Why is he an arse? (I.e what does he do/say that makes him one?). Except for that..I am currently listening to Dalston when I came across that song. I love that song...the sheer desperacy of the "Come back to meee!!" gets to me everytime. Even though it's not their "best song" I relate to it loads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reema)
    Why is he an arse? (I.e what does he do/say that makes him one?). Except for that..I am currently listening to Dalston when I came across that song. I love that song...the sheer desperacy of the "Come back to meee!!" gets to me everytime. Even though it's not their "best song" I relate to it loads.
    you know its about pete doherty?
    (although i'm not sure he's really listening)
    johnny borrell is just really arrogant really, read some of his interviews on nme.com

ReputationRep:
    i really like razorlight, saw them at reading and am going to see them in march too. I love Fall, Fall, Fall.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know it's about Pete Doherty. Personally I don't particularly like the Libertines. But it could be about aliens for all I care...just the passion of that song gets to me every time. "Come back to meeee!" .

ReputationRep:
    Well said Reema

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reema)
    Yes I know it's about Pete Doherty. Personally I don't particularly like the Libertines. But it could be about aliens for all I care...just the passion of that song gets to me every time. "Come back to meeee!" .
    fair enough, i think the fact that it's about something you can relate to makes it a better song, i rate razorlights quiet stuff more than their single type songs, fall fall fall, is my favorite song on up all night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    fair enough, i think the fact that it's about something you can relate to makes it a better song, i rate razorlights quiet stuff more than their single type songs, fall fall fall, is my favorite song on up all night.
    Mine too.. Sometimes I just listen to To The Sea and Fall Fall Fall because I like the way they blend in to each other :love:

I'm seeing them twice in March

ReputationRep:
    Razorlight win BEST NEW BAND at the NME AWARDS 2005. Saw them live last October, and there were amazing. Borrell has the stage presence and charisma as great as anyone today. In the past 12 months I have also seen Travis and Keane, and Razorlight were by far the best live band of those.

Goldentouch, stumble and fall, vice, rip it up, rock and roll lies, dalston, the list of quality songs off up all night goes on.

ReputationRep:
    "The band triumphed over Kasabian, Babyshambles, The Killers and Bloc Party to scoop the highly contested trophy.

Collecting the award, singer Johnny Borrell said: “It's like the World Cup... you've got to decide who's the captain to receive it. Carl (Dalemo - bassist) it looks good in your hands.”

He added: "Thanks a lot - and good luck."

The group, whose debut album ‘Up All Night’ shot into the Top Ten last year, stayed at the ceremony longer than at 2004’s event.

Borrell famously walked out of last year’s NME Awards after finding out that he had not won the Godlike Genius accolade – a title he believed was his.

Razorlight emerged triumphant tonight firmly dismissing rumours that they’re splitting.

The band were forced to pull their biggest ever UK dates after realising at the 11th hour that Borrell wouldn’t be well enough to start their tour at Manchester Apollo on February 4, before visiting London Alexandra Palace which was due to take place last week (February 11-12).

While out in LA, Borrell was rushed to the doctor and diagnosed with a “laryngitis type infection”, leading to the cancellation of a gig and TV appearances in the city.

Razorlight will now kick off a full UK tour next month, kicking off at the Manchester Apolloon March 13."

NME.COM

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.