This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
If you get the offer from Nottingham, I would think long and hard before turning it down in favour of the other institutions you've applied for.
I've heard Notts have got really good links with law firms.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I've heard Notts have got really good links with law firms.
indeed they do, can't remember which one it was but they put on a free bar at one of poshest places in notts which i attended despite not being a law student or a thrid year
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
indeed they do, can't remember which one it was but they put on a free bar at one of poshest places in notts which i attended despite not being a law student or a thrid year
me not goin to law school
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
me not goin to law school
what do you want to do?
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what do you want to do?
i was thinking of becoming a special needs teacher helping kids who cant speak properly.But thats just a idea
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i was thinking of becoming a special needs teacher helping kids who cant speak properly.But thats just a idea
are you thinking about being a cop lord huntroyde?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
are you thinking about being a cop lord huntroyde?
No, lawyer. Very different professions.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
No, lawyer. Very different professions.
lawyer is a cool job

i object your honer :confused:
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lawyer is a cool job

i object your honer :confused:
honour. And only Barristers would say that, and only to a circuit judge.
mulberrybay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
If you get the offer from Nottingham, I would think long and hard before turning it down in favour of the other institutions you've applied for.

Guys, what about Bristol? Is it any good? I dun seem to see ppl listing it as one of their choices...

Mul
soccercrazygal
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
... what AS and A2 levels did you take / are you taking, and roughly what grades are you to predicted to get / have you gotten? And which unis did you apply to / will you apply to?
i m doing my a levels in history, biology and maths with statistics..

and my grades at AS

1 A & 2 B's

andd predicted 2 A's and 1 B

applied and had conditional offers from all my 6 universities..

durham
sheffield
manchestor
leicester
liverpool
nottingham

i m right now very confusedd and trying to figure which one's to choose... any help will be appreciated, esp. feedback on the 1st 3 universities.. i wanted too start a new thread, but i guess i will stick too this one... i have never lived in the UK, just been there once, but my dad just got back from the UK he went too durham, he himself found it very dull, maybe becoz most of the students had left for easter break, he stayed at newcastle, and went on too sheffield uni, he seems very impressed with it, so right noww the 3 i m considering are manchestor, sheffield and durham..

my list of pro's and con's for me personally

DURHAM

1) Top rated acedamically out of all my uni's
2) Dull place but maybe best suited for me coming from Doha

Manchestor

1) direct flights 2 doha every three days
2) i know a family who live down there
3) best social life

Cons

1) i dont really like manchestor united or man city

i cant thinkkk much more right now.. please u guys add to my list when u can, it will be really appreciated.. also if anyone could tell me abt accomodation... i would prefer shared en suite rooms but how abt halls of residence's? r there also shared rooms available as part of that?
kingslaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by soccercrazygal)
Cons

1) i dont really like manchestor united or man city

i cant thinkkk much more right now.. please u guys add to my list when u can, it will be really appreciated.. also if anyone could tell me abt accomodation... i would prefer shared en suite rooms but how abt halls of residence's? r there also shared rooms available as part of that?
Well, you could always travel down the road a couple of miles and watch Stockport County instead...please!...we need all the support we can get unlike City or United.

Firstly, I would recommend Manchester over Sheffield and Durham. I think it has a better rep than Sheffield (or at least equal), but apart from that the city itself is an excellent place for students. The fact that it is very much a campus based uni in the middle of a big city makes it quite unique.

I can think of many reasons not to go to Durham, however it is pointless listing them because some Durhamer ends up having a tantrum and throwing their bottle out of their pram if you criticise their precious uni!!!
house badger
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
however it is pointless listing them because some Durhamer ends up having a tantrum and throwing their bottle out of their pram if you criticise their precious uni!!!
Well said, my rep took a dive last time I posted saying Durham wasn't as good as Durhamers say!
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lets see if i can get it in quickly:

*cough*DURHAM IS NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS DURHAM OR ITS STUDENTS SAY IT IS*cough**cough*

Do you think I got away with it?
thinktwice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Government&Politics,Economics,Ph yscis,Maths,Further Maths.
I will study a-level this September, so, it is too early to predict my exam results.
EmJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have applied to Oxford, Bristol, Cardiff, LSE, Sussex and Swansea. I am studying English Language + Literature, French and Geography. Predicted grades: AAA.
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by EmJ)
I have applied to Oxford, Bristol, Cardiff, LSE, Sussex and Swansea. I am studying English Language + Literature, French and Geography. Predicted grades: AAA.
(Original post by EmJ)
Hi! Congrats to everyone with offers!
I'm starting at Oxford in Oct 2004 - St Hilda's to read French. Obviously still conditional on me getting my grades in the summer...
Wtf? Are you doing French or Law?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Wtf? Are you doing French or Law?
So Tek, did you buy any nice watches/shoes on your visit?
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
So Tek, did you buy any nice watches/shoes on your visit?
She didn't tell you about my current watch?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
She didn't tell you about my current watch?
No.

I spoke to her on MSN, she said you were going to buy a watch or a suit. Did you buy anything in the end?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (4)
10.81%
Virtual campus tours/open days (6)
16.22%
Live streaming events (2)
5.41%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (3)
8.11%
A uni comparison tool (11)
29.73%
An in-person event when available (11)
29.73%