This discussion is closed.
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
No.

I spoke to her on MSN, she said you were going to buy a watch or a suit. Did you buy anything in the end?
Apart from lunch, no.
jumahumour
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
English Lit, Psychology, Law
Pred: AAA

Going to Exeter Uni in Oct
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Apart from lunch, no.
Ahh right.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jumahumour)
English Lit, Psychology, Law
Pred: AAA

Going to Exeter Uni in Oct
You join Ollie, Ickle Katy and Maddock!
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You couldn't burn a thousand trees with one match, Bono. That's just stupid. The flame would burn your finger before you got round a thousand trees.
sixthirtythree
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Bono - now you're just twisting everything I said!

Meeh.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by deianra)
Bono - now you're just twisting everything I said!

Meeh.
Twisting what?!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
You couldn't burn a thousand trees with one match, Bono. That's just stupid. The flame would burn your finger before you got round a thousand trees.
Throw the match into a forest consisting of 1000 trees.
sixthirtythree
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Twisting what?!
We're going to have words on MSN later, young man You leak everything!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Why, you want to debate that with me?

I'll take you on!
sixthirtythree
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Throw the match into a forest consisting of 1000 trees.
Doubt it. Would blow out before you set any trees alight. Probably need fuel of some sort or extremely dry environment. I'm just thinking UK weather a bit too much...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We're going to have words on MSN later, young man You leak everything!
Nooooo, not the words!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Doubt it. Would blow out before you set any trees alight. Probably need fuel of some sort or extremely dry environment. I'm just thinking UK weather a bit too much...
Exactly, so it would be possible then. The quote never mentioned anything about the UK.
Missmoneypenny
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
... what AS and A2 levels did you take / are you taking, and roughly what grades are you to predicted to get / have you gotten? And which unis did you apply to / will you apply to?
I have accepted a place at Nottingham for law after having sat the selection test. A levels Biology, German, Law and Sociology. Predicted 4 A's. Got A's in the AS levels 2 of which with 100% in all 3 modules.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Heya,

I took English Literature, History, Economics, Maths, Further Maths and General Studies. 6As for AS. Will take the same subjects for A2 including AEA Econs. Not thinking about what grades I will get - don't believe in predicting etc.

Rejected by Cambridge, accepted by Warwick (AAB), Notts and Man (ABB), Leeds (BBB), Durham (ABC).

However, I'm an international student, so the offers seem on the low side. Seems that its easier for us to gain entry due to the fees we pay. Oxbridge and perhaps LSE are exceptions.

xoxo
EmJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Wtf? Are you doing French or Law?
Sorry to confuse! I have applied to Oxford to do French and Bristol, Cardiff, Sussex, Swansea and LSE to do Law. Still waiting to hear from LSE, but am pretty much decided to do French at Oxford and then a conversion course in Law. What have you applied for?
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you have to take any particular A-levels to do law?
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
they dont say you HAVE to do any specific ones but I reckon they have a little sheet (at oxbridge) which says....take preference to any who have history and maths......because thats what a large numebr of undergrads there seem to have?
rockindemon
Report 16 years ago
I got 6A's at AS and predicted 5 at A2. Offer from cambridge, sheffield, man, bham, leeds, but rejected from nottingham strangely enuff
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For those applying to do law ... what A-levels did we do?

I did English, French, History and Economics achieving 4 A's at AS level and then 2As (Eng & Eco) and 2Bs (H & Fr) = retaking Fr to get an A and go to UCL - insurance offer - King's unconditional

I happened to speak to a girl on the King's open day who told me she had initially applied to do medicine and in fact did Biology Chemistry and Physics at A-level - she changed her mind at the last moment and decided to apply for law and she now holds unconditional offers from King's and Manchester and now awaits the reply of UCL.

Essentially it doesnt matter which subjects you take at A-level but as long as you display an interest in Law. Inevitably most Law applicants will choose to do reading subjects at A-level because that is what Law is all about - but occasionally one still successfully applies for Law having done subjects that could not seem further departed from Law.

Just do A-levels that will be the most rewarding for you and the most fun - because for law you need pretty good grades and you must give yourself the best chance to achieve good grades - dont do mickey mouse subjects though or your application will not be taken as seriously.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (2)
7.41%
Virtual campus tours/open days (5)
18.52%
Live streaming events (1)
3.7%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (2)
7.41%
A uni comparison tool (8)
29.63%
An in-person event when available (9)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise