Deadline for uni's making their decisions Watch

This discussion is closed.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
When is the deadline for uni's making their decisions on applicants? Do they have to have told you whether they've acceptec or rejected you by a certain date? :confused:

Just wondering as a lot of people on here are waiting for uni's like UCL and Edinburgh to make their minds up (like me too, grrrr... ).
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The deadline is in March. I don't know the exact date though.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
End of March I think, but somehow they are allowed to take longer. It's all confusing lol.

:confused:

Hurry up Durham! And Edin! And UCL!
veryjammy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've just been given an interview with UCL for 23rd March which seems obscenely late to me! Seeing how long its taken them already I don't think I'll have a decision before the end of March
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
as much as i am grateful for my ucl offer. I'm getting a bit pissed off that i have to wait so long. It's been over a month now & still no details on the offer. The thing that really makes it annoying is that they said they will contact me in 2 weeks, its gone past 2 weeks.

:mad:
Bilal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
April 10th I think.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I checked the UCAS website. If UCAS recieves your application before or on Jan 15, the deadline for uni's to make a decision will come in May. If after the deadline of Jan 15, it's July.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nas7232)
as much as i am grateful for my ucl offer. I'm getting a bit pissed off that i have to wait so long. It's been over a month now & still no details on the offer. The thing that really makes it annoying is that they said they will contact me in 2 weeks, its gone past 2 weeks.

:mad:
Contact the uni to check that everything's OK if you're worried. Or just wait, because you know you've got an offer
nas7232
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's the problem. I phoned 2 weeks after my interview and they said the offers are going in the post today. I phoned 2 days later. [the bloke was very moody now lol] he said that the offer is going in the post today. 6 days later i receive a letter with a 2nd class stamp onit [im now thinking i got a rejection]. It states that they are recommending a conditional offer and its going to the faculty of clinical science & i should hear from them in 2 weeks. It's been 2 & a half weeks from that point. I will wait for 9 days & phone them to see whats happening. Im still grateful for the offer
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
2 and a half weeks isn't really that long. They have to process it and post it etc, and if they've used a 2nd class stamp again it could take a while to get to you. Or they may just send stuff straight to UCAS instead of informing you first
nas7232
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by juno_the)
2 and a half weeks isn't really that long. They have to process it and post it etc, and if they've used a 2nd class stamp again it could take a while to get to you. Or they may just send stuff straight to UCAS instead of informing you first
True but it's been over 5 weeks now. I should hear something not this monday the monday after i think.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When do applicants have to decide their firm and insurance by? Is it like X number of days after all your unis have made a decision?
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There are a few deadlines, depending on when you recieve your last deision
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by nas7232)
True but it's been over 5 weeks now. I should hear something not this monday the monday after i think.
try waiting 12 weeks for UCL to decide on whether i've even got an offer or not.

i had my interview in November!!! i'm far too nervous now to phone them up, cos i feel so rude. but, i don't think its right on their part to tell me 'you'll be hearing in 2-3 weeks' and make me wait this long.

i'd really like to go there, but this has given me a sour outlook on UCL now
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads