Turn on thread page Beta

UCAS Mistake? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive just looked on the UCAS track thing, and ive got an unconditional offer for john moores, but i applied to 2 courses there, and for some reason it doesnt tell you the name of the course youve applied for :confused: so i searched on the john moores website, and it reckons the course ive got an offer for is natural sciences :mad: i dont even know what that is!!
    when i applied i check and re-checked about 10 times to make sure everything was right, and im not 100% sure about what i applied to, but i know one had a foundation year in southport college (the one theyve changed for 'natural sciences'), and one was a full degree. when i applied it had a little S in the campus part, because it was in southport, but theres no mention of that on the page where it says where youve applied to. whats going on? :confused:
    that wasnt my first choice anyway, but i wouldve liked the choice to go there, and im more confused about whats happened!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    hmmm......that is confusing! What course did you originally apply for? Contact UCAS or the university. Maybe they thought you were better suited to that course? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    hmmm......that is confusing! What course did you originally apply for? Contact UCAS or the university. Maybe they thought you were better suited to that course? :confused:
    i know, its hard trying to explain all that i applied for biology degree and either that or applied biology (think it was that one) with a foundation year, and natural sciences is just environment stuff (i think) so its not even the same really. and surely they cant just change it for you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    They can. I applied for Geog at Leeds, instead they made me a offer for Environmental studies. The course code on UCAS track did change, have you recieved a letter from the uni? If they have changed your course they should explain why they have in the letter.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the offer! The best bet is to call the university.

ReputationRep:
    Natural sciences, involves biology, but also aspects of all other sciences and some social sciences, I think. Have you looked it up on the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    Natural sciences, involves biology, but also aspects of all other sciences and some social sciences, I think. Have you looked it up on the website?
    it has got parts of biology in, but most of it seems to be about the environment, which really isnt what i wanna do.
    i havent got a letter from them yet, i only got an email yesterday saying one of the unis have made an offer, i think i might just wait a week or so and see if i get a letter to see if theyve done it themselves. i did think the ucas code had changed for it as well, but i thought that was my imagination
    thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Biology
    C100 BSc/Bio

Applied Biology
    C110 BSc/ApBiol

Applied Biology Foundation (St. Helens)
    C110, campus code: H

Applied Biology Foundation (Southport)
    C118, campus code: S

Tell me which one you have actually applied for and also the course that appeared on UCAS track. Then I will try to help you some how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Tell me which one you have actually applied for and also the course that appeared on UCAS track. Then I will try to help you some how.
    thank you
    i applied to Biology (C100) which ive not heard anything from, and Applied Biology in Southport, which they changed for Natural Science Foundation :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Natural Sciences isn't nessecarilly about the environment

ReputationRep:
    "this is an ideal conversion course for entry into the programmes offered by the Schools of Biological and Earth Sciences (BES) and Pharmacy and Chemistry (PAC)."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoopyLass)
    thank you
    i applied to Biology (C100) which ive not heard anything from, and Applied Biology in Southport, which they changed for Natural Science Foundation :confused:
    Probably they changed they name of the course then. I think they will send you a letter later on.

I will still continue helping you though, as I'm assuming it's not the end of the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoPat)
    "this is an ideal conversion course for entry into the programmes offered by the Schools of Biological and Earth Sciences (BES) and Pharmacy and Chemistry (PAC)."
    i know its got parts of biology in, but i just wanted a science course im not sure if id be able to go on to do a human biology degree if i do that one either. and it from what ive read it doesnt sound too fascinating

ReputationRep:
    give the uni a ring tomorrow. (just thought i'd say randomly that i'm from southport)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    give the uni a ring tomorrow. (just thought i'd say randomly that i'm from southport)

lou xxx
    someone from near me finally (im from near wigan)

ReputationRep:
    someone from near me finally (im from near wigan)
    lol, Dude is from Ormskirk (i don't know whether you've come across him, but we're not alone in the world). I'm in Dundee at uni now

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    lol, Dude is from Ormskirk (i don't know whether you've come across him, but we're not alone in the world). I'm in Dundee at uni now

lou xxx
    nope, ill have to keep an eye out for him. im guessing Dundee is slightly better that around here?

ReputationRep:
    nope, ill have to keep an eye out for him. im guessing Dundee is slightly better that around here?
    wouldn't exactly be difficult although i do find it slightly disturbing that i miss the rubbishy pubs/clubs in southport that i used to go to all the time when i was at college

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't exactly be difficult although i do find it slightly disturbing that i miss the rubbishy pubs/clubs in southport that i used to go to all the time when i was at college

lou xxx
    hehe you know its time to panic when that happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    What is the course code on UCAS track in place of C118? If the code is still the same then it might still be the same course just with a new name to cover the foundation year for all the bioscience courses.
    Nope it says its CFG0, and its in the prospectus along with the course i applied for :confused: i still dont get what theyve done, but i think ill just wait to see if i get a letter off them

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.