IF i want to change course, tell now or later? Watch

This discussion is closed.
etomac
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I hv got offers from Unis I have chosen for electronic engineering (4 years MEng) courses

But now I feel like changing to BSc Mathematics and Physics because I think 4 years is abit too much for me and also mathematics is cheaper for an international student

Should I tell Uni now or after I got my results because all Uni may just reject me knowing that they may earn less if i change to another course and also mathematics may require Further Maths A2 (i dun take it).
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think you should tell them right now before places on the course fill up.
etomac
I rather do Electronic Engineering than losing an offer though
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
is it not possible that you could change after a year doing the course. a lot of uni's allow this as long as the skills are fairly transferable. abviously you'd have to catch up quite a lot though.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by etomac)
I rather do Electronic Engineering than losing an offer though
Do you already have offers? Because the uni's can't just take them away, so you wont lose anything by asking
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Do you already have offers? Because the uni's can't just take them away, so you wont lose anything by asking
Yeh thats what i was thinking. Also what unis are your offers from, cos some will be more flexible then others. Im also thinking of asking to change my manchester economics and finance offer to staight Economics (BBB), so i have a insurance. Does anyone know if on results day i was to get BBB, Manchester would change my course to Economics and let me in (if i didnt ask now)?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
Yeh thats what i was thinking. Also what unis are your offers from, cos some will be more flexible then others. Im also thinking of asking to change my manchester economics and finance offer to staight Economics (BBB), so i have a insurance. Does anyone know if on results day i was to get BBB, Manchester would change my course to Economics and let me in (if i didnt ask now)?
There's no guarantee. But you can usually change course up to a few weeks into term (and sometimes later, it depends how similar the 2 courses really are). But if you're sure you want to change you might as well ask now, because the may not have made all their offers and have spare places etc, and you won't have to worry about whether you'll end up doing a course you don't wanna do
etomac
OK i apply for electrical electronic engineering to few Unis (the one I ws thinking about is UCL) and they gave me a conditional offer (AAB in any order for chem phy math and E in 4th subject)

I was thinking about changing to Maths and Physics Joint Degree

They both require Physics @ A/B and Maths @ A so I don't think there is a huge problem there..
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by etomac)
OK i apply for electrical electronic engineering to few Unis (the one I ws thinking about is UCL) and they gave me a conditional offer (AAB in any order for chem phy math and E in 4th subject)

I was thinking about changing to Maths and Physics Joint Degree

They both require Physics @ A/B and Maths @ A so I don't think there is a huge problem there..
So email or phone them and ask if you could change
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads