Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I plan to take A level since i got the only A* in my year for the mocks and hope to do the same in the real exams, plus i lvoe geography, especially physical, but ive heard that it is boring.

Can you choose to do either physical or human? Or do you do both...Do you consider it a useful qualification

:aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    You do both physical and human. AS is a little bit boring, but A2 is great. I love geog, I'm doing it at uni this Oct

ReputationRep:
    NOOOO its not boring!! its the best subject ever. i am also going to uni to study it in october :hello:

ReputationRep:
    You get to do both physical and human geography modules, and in the second year (well for my spec at least) they kind of merge together and we do a module called "Sustainable Development", which is quite interesting but difficult too. AS is hardly taxing, with little extension from GCSE, in my opinion! Seems a bigger step from AS to A2 though.

Geography is the best subject on earth! Like Chardonnay and Sam, I am going to uni to study it this Autumn!

Useful qualfication? Of course! Where would we be without geography? Nowhere!

ReputationRep:
    Geography is hella boring. I got an A* at GCSE but it's dull as... something very dull. The coursework in the A2 year is *****. Generally I regret taking it, though it's a guarenteed A :P

ReputationRep:
    Physical geography is boring, yes. Human is where it's at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Aye. Well, so far we've done 3 physical modules and 1 human... hmph

ReputationRep:
    So you should have another 2 human ones then??

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :mad:

stop taking those drugs sian, they are making u say silly things lol

ReputationRep:
    :rock:

ReputationRep:
    Boring? HELL NO! You could say I obsess over geography. The first year is kind of slow, but when you get to A2 you will LOVE it! How anyone can not love A2 geography is just beyond me

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your specification I guess :p:

ReputationRep:
    For me, Geography seems to have gotten worse since last year. I enjoyed most of AS, especially the human stuff (migration, population and settlement). For the physical, we did tectonics, rivers and coasts which were interesting enough. This year we are doing glaciation and ecosystems, which is the most boring thing in the world. It's just like biology, and i dropped that for a reason! In human, we are doing economic stuff, and urban/rural environments which is ok, but quite difficult in places

ReputationRep:
    Your A2 topics for physical are pure evil!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Your A2 topics for physical are pure evil!
    I know!

ReputationRep:
    The only pure, pure physical I have is coastal processes and landforms. Most of my A2 course is mixed human and physical.

ReputationRep:
    This year, we do two physical sections, two human and then stuff for the synoptic paper. Although God knows when we're going to do that. We have 9 weeks left at school and have only just started ecosystems and urban/rural relationships!

ReputationRep:
    My synoptic paper is food supply, water supply, urban environment and the natural environment, under the title of Sustainable Development. Unit 4 is coasts and development. That's it! Coursework is GG6, done that already.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know, or have any links to tell me what topics I would be doing for A2 if i'm following the WJEC specification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    My synoptic paper is food supply, water supply, urban environment and the natural environment, under the title of Sustainable Development. Unit 4 is coasts and development. That's it! Coursework is GG6, done that already.
    Our synoptic is 'People and their environments'. And then we have the physical and human papers. All in June! No coursework . I have my geog and psychology synoptics on the same day. Now that IS evil!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2005

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.