This discussion is closed.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am doing WJEC! Read some of my posts in this thread for more detail, and go to the WJEC website to see the spec.
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes I agree, Geography is much worse this year! My teacher doesn't teach us anymore, we keep getting trainee teachers to practice on us, who don't have a clue how to teach. Also the modules are crap, its no different to gsce.
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek:
stratomaster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Are you regretting taking it? I'm starting to find that the work is suspiciously similar to that at Gcse, just a different way of going about it..

But I wish I had trainee teachers & all, I could sit back and relax :flute: My teachers are all pretty strict, I hate that :mad:
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, the other day one of my teachers gave us a sheet photocopied from our GCSE textbook, so I was like "Uh, we did this in Year 10!" and he said "I know, but it's all you need to know really and it's the best I could find. I hope it's not too patronising for you!" Chuh.
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
GCSE & AS = the same.
A2 = same, plus added bits.

GCSE = better than A Level.

Only difference = A2 requires more thinking/you to think for the first time ever.
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sounds like a pile of :reddy:

But it's either that or physics with a big evil greek dude :eek: I jest..
Sam_B
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
bah! AS/A2 is incredible, best subject ever.

my teachers are amazing, treat us like undergrads

my physical geog teacher is wicked, he knows everything!
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Treat you like undergrads? How d'ya mean?
Sam_B
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they let us do our own research...they dont give us everything on a piece of paper.

if we wanna get up out of the class and go look on a computer, we can.

also, they are damn serious about deadlines (like unis)
Chardonnay
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
For me, Geography seems to have gotten worse since last year. I enjoyed most of AS, especially the human stuff (migration, population and settlement). For the physical, we did tectonics, rivers and coasts which were interesting enough. This year we are doing glaciation and ecosystems, which is the most boring thing in the world. It's just like biology, and i dropped that for a reason! In human, we are doing economic stuff, and urban/rural environments which is ok, but quite difficult in places
Yoy must be a fellow Edexcel-er!
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=stratomaster]

Are you regretting taking it? I'm starting to find that the work is suspiciously similar to that at Gcse, just a different way of going about it..

But I wish I had trainee teachers & all, I could sit back and relax :flute: My teachers are all pretty strict, I hate that :mad:[/QUOTE

I'm not regretting taking it because its easy and so I'm guaranteed a high grade. Believe me, you DON'T want trainee teachers, they can never answer your questions and don't challenge you. then, when you get home you have to re-do your notes, cos they don't make sense, just makes more work!
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!! :mad:
SinghFello
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Physical can be pretty interesting, but human is soooo boring. Human is just common sense, with a little bit of theory.
As an a-level, it isnt hard. It is possible for anyone to get an A, if they have a good memory.
I would have prefered it if they included a little more chemistry, physics and maths in the physical parts, which would have made it more interesting.
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No way, I would die if they did that!

I would prefer it if human was a little more developed/complex, rather than learning simple theories and stuff which will just be laughed at at university!
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SinghFello)
Physical can be pretty interesting, but human is soooo boring. Human is just common sense, with a little bit of theory.
As an a-level, it isnt hard. It is possible for anyone to get an A, if they have a good memory.
I would have prefered it if they included a little more chemistry, physics and maths in the physical parts, which would have made it more interesting.
I find it other way round. Physical is boring and difficult. Human is interesting and easy.
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's the way normal people find it :p:
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol. O well. Human geography is my strong point, so that is why I find it easy and interesting.
Sam_B
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek: :eek:

*has heart attack*
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Haha!

Oh geography is so crap.
Sam_B
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:bootyshak
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads