This discussion is closed.
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
chav and ned what do they exactly mean,I'm not a native english speaker so i hear you guys keep saying these words but I don't have a clue on what do they mean :confused:
Edit:I'm sorry it should be do not does
Golden Maverick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by habosh)
chav and ned what do they exactly mean,I'm not a native english speaker so i hear you guys keep saying these words but I don't have a clue on what do they mean :confused:
Edit:I'm sorry it should be do not does
http://www.chavscum.com/
lol
DRWallace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk.

Everything you need to know about neds.
Toy Soldier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"Chav" is a term encapsulating all forms of social scum... a Ned is a type of Chav, not another word for it as some people think. The usual definition of "chav" is a 15 year old wearing sports gear and maybe some 'bling' drinking cheap alcohol in the streets on a friday night. They tend to listen to dance music. However, some would argue that Chavdom goes further, as Boy-racers (guys who spend all of their time and money doing up and showing off their cars, and listening to American rap) are also a type of Chav. There are also famous Chavs. Eamonn and Frankee are good examples of the scummiest variety.

To really understand what a ned is, you'd have to go to Glasgow and meet one. They're an a chavster league of their own.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DRWallace)
www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk.

Everything you need to know about neds.
LOL, this site is classic

"If you are out late at night in Glasgow, just in time for the clubs to empty, you may come across some dressed neds wielding glass bottles. These are initially used as tools but as soon as they break they become stakey weapons."
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
"Chav" is a term encapsulating all forms of social scum... a Ned is a type of Chav, not another word for it as some people think. The usual definition of "chav" is a 15 year old wearing sports gear and maybe some 'bling' drinking cheap alcohol in the streets on a friday night. They tend to listen to dance music. However, some would argue that Chavdom goes further, as Boy-racers (guys who spend all of their time and money doing up and showing off their cars, and listening to American rap) are also a type of Chav. There are also famous Chavs. Eamonn and Frankee are good examples of the scummiest variety.

To really understand what a ned is, you'd have to go to Glasgow and meet one. They're an a chavster league of their own.
Couldn't have been defined any better. In N. Ireland we call them skeets.
messy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had to laugh when i heard the policeman on Forth one radio talking about neds the other day! Neds really are a breed of their own - i didnt believe that they really existed quite as much as they did until the first time i saw them whilst out in Glasgow. Listening to some of my friends tales of neds you definitely cant beat the ones with their tracksuit bottoms tucked into their white socks and expensive trainers!
DRWallace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by messy)
Listening to some of my friends tales of neds you definitely cant beat the ones with their tracksuit bottoms tucked into their white socks and expensive trainers!
Most of them look like that.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by habosh)
I'm not a native english speaker
What is your native tongue then?
Zarathustra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Read the first definition offered on this page - just about covers it all without being too lengthy / boring

ZarathustraX
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so when im CLEARLY not a chav why do pople say i am?
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
a chav is a good word to describe gg, also obsessed is another.
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lil penguin kid)
a chav is a good word to describe gg, also obsessed is another.
tell you what, why dont you GET OVER IT!

oh and btw the tread announcing that your dad wasnt deleted it was moved.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
tell you what, why dont you GET OVER IT!

oh and btw the tread announcing that your dad wasnt deleted it was moved.
get over it? why dont u get on with your own life and stop getting invloved with other peoples?

moved to were? hopefully to were no one can see it.
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lil penguin kid)
get over it? why dont u get on with your own life and stop getting invloved with other peoples?

moved to were? hopefully to were no one can see it.
well i think it was put in the sub forum,......anyway i havent got time for your little games so im off now
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.62%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.35%
Not great so far... (212)
35.57%
I want to drop out! (116)
19.46%

Watched Threads