Claustrophobia in bed Watch

Loo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
It's really strange, but I really hate sleeping in the same bed with other people or even my boyfriend, even if it's a double bed

I feel really like, constricted and like I can't breathe, and I get really really agitated even if they aren't touching me or over the other side of the bed

I also get really funny about being touched, like at all, when I'm trying to sleep (for instance being hugged) It makes me feel the same way

Does anyone else get feelings like that or is it just my own weird self?
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't get it, however I can understand why you do. Maybe you just like keeping yourself to yourself when your sleeping. The thought of someone being awake while your about to nod off is pretty weird... especially if your prone to 1 night stands or something haha
Loo
Rep:
?
(Original post by _MaLc_)
I don't get it, however I can understand why you do. Maybe you just like keeping yourself to yourself when your sleeping. The thought of someone being awake while your about to nod off is pretty weird... especially if your prone to 1 night stands or something haha
I don't mind them being awake, it's just I feel like my space has been invaded and It gets hard to breathe for some reason
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm the same. I hate sharing my bed with girls. Mates are fine, they just pick a spot and pass out. I hate it when a girl spoons me and then falls asleep...
alenax
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't get it personally, sounds a bit weird to me!
WibbleWooble
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
I'm the same. I hate sharing my bed with girls. Mates are fine, they just pick a spot and pass out. I hate it when a girl spoons me and then falls asleep...
You share a bed with your mates?
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by WibbleWooble)
You share a bed with your mates?
Yeah. I'll give em my sleeping bag and let em kip on my bed. Some of them won't do it, others will. I don't really mind tbh.
xwishesx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im the opposite i sleep so much better when there is someone else there!
Loo
Rep:
?
Yeah. I'll give em my sleeping bag and let em kip on my bed. Some of them won't do it, others will. I don't really mind tbh.
Yeah, I've had to share a bed with my friends before and it wasn't as bad as it was with like a partner or something

It also really gets to me when their face is in the same direction as mine
God I sound so weird
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Loo)
I don't mind them being awake, it's just I feel like my space has been invaded and It gets hard to breathe for some reason
It's just a 'personal space' thing. I don't understand how it'd be hard to breathe though, I think you just need to relax a bit. Are you a little uptight in general?
Loo
Rep:
?
(Original post by _MaLc_)
It's just a 'personal space' thing. I don't understand how it'd be hard to breathe though, I think you just need to relax a bit. Are you a little uptight in general?
Nope, I'm normally laid back, and It's the exact opposite when I'm awake, I love hugging and cuddling etc. It's just when I'm trying to sleep that I get really really agitated
Eragon452
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have the opposite

I tend to start hugging people in bed when I'm asleep, leaving a trail of confused friends in my path
Loo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yuffie)
I have the opposite

I tend to start hugging people in bed when I'm asleep, leaving a trail of confused friends in my path
Haha, if someone started hugging me whilst they were asleep I'd probably have a mini panic attack but not try and get them off me as I'd feel too rude

Many a time have I just lay there awake for the whole night due to that
Holty-Dave
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I find it hard to sleep in the same bed with people. Just can't fall asleep.
Eragon452
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you mind being like it or would you want to be able to sleep in beds with people?
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Loo)
It also really gets to me when their face is in the same direction as mine
God I sound so weird
Me and you are actually the same person. I hate that too. I always sleep in the same spot, facing the same direction, always with my back to the wall.
Loo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yuffie)
Do you mind being like it or would you want to be able to sleep in beds with people?
I'd really like it, sometimes my boyfriend feels like I'm being cold towards him or something when I just completely face away from him

I've explained and I think he understands, but I still think he feels like I just don't like hugging him or whatever when It's not like that at all

I'd really like to be able to get over it but I doubt I will be able to as it just gets worse as I grow older haha
Loo
Rep:
?
Me and you are actually the same person. I hate that too. I always sleep in the same spot, facing the same direction, always with my back to the wall.

Haha same! At least other people don't like it. I'd like to know the psychological processes behind it, it'd be interesting to find out why we're like that
a_kaye47
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I know this is an old thread, but I had to Google why I feel claustrophobic when I sleep on the wall side. Usually, I sleep on the outside of the bed, even when I sleep by myself. But last night I fell asleep next to the wall, and it was horrible! I dreampt of freaking out because I was next to the wall, and woke up to my hand in my partners face, and them asking what I was doing to them. I don't know what it is but I can't stand being next to the wall, it gives me anxiety attacks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (35)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (11)
3.5%
No, but I want to start (113)
35.99%
No, I am unable to (69)
21.97%
No, I chose not to (86)
27.39%