Kicked out of your school because it stopped being co-ed?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Toffee
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
Well it happened to me. Traumatic it was.
BABYGUY
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
whats co-ed mate?
Toffee
Rep:
(Original post by BABYGUY)
whats co-ed mate?
Its boys and girls. Basically mine was a mixed school and it changed to only girls. We got kicked out.
Alexander
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Toffee)
Its boys and girls. Basically mine was a mixed school and it changed to only girls. We got kicked out.
What school's this?
Lurker
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
That's pretty nasty, quite disruptive to studies. What year were you in?
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Was there a local school with space for you to transfer to?
Toffee
Rep:
Well it was quite a while ago. I was about ten/eleven, so not the most crucial of years. It was an independent school...so I suppose they have the right to do that. Most people moved to a mixed school the other side of the road, others to an all boys school in the same area. Nevertheless, it was annoying.

I think they did it because the school was a feeder into an all girls secondary school.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Err, isn't that illegal?
Shouldn't they have waited till you finish your time at the school?
Sex discrimination and all? No? Well it jolly well should be!
Toffee
Rep:
(Original post by Unregistered)
Err, isn't that illegal?
Shouldn't they have waited till you finish your time at the school?
Sex discrimination and all? No? Well it jolly well should be!
Well it can't have been. At least not then anyway. Yeah they should have waited, but they were impatient, clearly.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
There is no law or anything stopping school not being co-ed.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.79%
Okay (99)
29.38%
A bit lacking (122)
36.2%
Not good at all (83)
24.63%

Watched Threads