?
Report 14 years ago
hmmm..*starts to have the fear of getting lost*
kidney thief
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
so what did all you open day visitors think of the law school then and KCL in general?
i thought the chapel was pretty cool, even though we only got a glimpse last week
Dreama
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mm Chapel's pwetty.

I honestly love King's. I just wish I was *guaranteed* Stamford St and Internet Access....

*cries* All the tutors were so nice, and the Library was lush.

Bit concerned for my safety wandering under the Imax cinema all the time...

I just can't decide.
emmings
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I really liked King's, although I was annoyed that I had to leave before the lecture because of trains. I think I was the sole Law and German applicant there yesterday, unless there was anyone behind me (I was too scared to turn round!).

King's itself and all the people were really friendly, but even though I think I'd get over it in a matter of weeks, London seems to be very daunting to me. Hmm ... do I pick safety in Nottingham or excitement in London? Although the press would have me believe that Nottingham is full of guns and knives ...
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by emmings)
I really liked King's, although I was annoyed that I had to leave before the lecture because of trains. I think I was the sole Law and German applicant there yesterday, unless there was anyone behind me (I was too scared to turn round!).

King's itself and all the people were really friendly, but even though I think I'd get over it in a matter of weeks, London seems to be very daunting to me. Hmm ... do I pick safety in Nottingham or excitement in London? Although the press would have me believe that Nottingham is full of guns and knives ...

London - perhaps the safest capital city in the world

To all those scared of London, think about it this way; if you're considering a career in law, chances are you'll be living there sooner or later anyway
goneaway56
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
London - perhaps the safest capital city in the world

To all those scared of London, think about it this way; if you're considering a career in law, chances are you'll be living there sooner or later anyway
Thats what I was thinking - and if you go to university there, you'll have friends, contacts and a know how of the city that will give you a head start in life after university.
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dreama)

I honestly love King's. I just wish I was *guaranteed* Stamford St and Internet Access....
If you want to live in a flat style arrangement... then Stamford Street is good. If you actually want to make some friends outside of your course and flat then you need to be in a halls atmosphere.

And about safety I'll say what i've said before: it's London, it *is* dangerous if you're not smart about things. Surprisingly some students have led incredibly sheltered lives prior to coming to London and think nothing of walking around late at night counting their cash in their wallet.... etc. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.
Musafir_85
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I dont go to KCL but i can guess the worst thing about KIngs:
and that is that THEY DONT DO ECONOMICS
Ron Stoppable
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The lions - one a replica of the other (sans genitals courtesy of UCLSU) - are the "mascots" of the student union. Childish rivalries between big cheeses at kings and ucl's student unions have a habit of trying to steal the other's mascot then making it look silly in some way.

Why is it red? ask the team on www.kclsu.org
They'll know

Sorted.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads