This discussion is closed.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I was just wondering about the number of A and AS-levels that people on this forum take, since a lot of people seem to do higher than the average and there are so many applicants to top universities....If you're still in your AS year like me, or you haven't started A-levels yet, vote for the number you intend to do
annabellewalter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm doing English Lit, French and RS A2, I've done AS history and I'm taking AS Critical thinking with an AEA. I did law AS and A2 last year, as in i went to lessons, but tutor forbade me from taking the exams cuz she was a ***** and i was doing it off my own back at college. Some people go out of their way to stifle you.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
4 but wish I did 3 with 2 AS's
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I take 3 A-levels (one of them is a AVCE single award).
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
I am taking the standard 3 A2's and have an AS from last year. I was made to drop Art after AS but I might finish it and get a full A2 in my gap year..

Oh and I havn't counted general studies..because well I always forget it
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have three A2s and three AS's. Although two of the AS's are General Studies and Critical Thinking
Charlottie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Three A2 and two AS. I was meant to have three AS, but I quickly got rid of GS.
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I do 4 A2's and last year did Maths As level as well.
P.S. I'm loving these new similes :thrasher: :dancing: layingba
spin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Physics at A2 (so that's 3 A2's).

I did History AS last year and I'm doing Maths AS this year (so also 2 AS's).

Oh, and I mean to finish off the Maths in my gap year... (I'm insane..)

I took General Studies AS and as I got an A I have to do it at A2 as well I think... but I don't think that really counts.. none of my offers include it anyway
Lottie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm taking four subjects at AS level next year with the intention on carrying on them all to A2. Of course, things might change between now & then. I have the option of picking up another AS level at the beginning of year 13 so that is something I'll consider too.
SinghFello
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Alot of people are doing 4 A2s. I assume this includes general studies?
iluvcheesecake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I do 4 A-levels and did another AS last year. I also did general studies but didn't count it as I forgot about it. :rolleyes:
Wise One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm doing History, Politics, Economics and Philosophy for A-level. Already have an AS in Psychology.
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Wise One)
I'm doing History, Politics, Economics and Psychology for A-level. Already have an AS in Psychology.
Was that a typo? Obviously you already have an AS in psychology if you're now doing A2...
Font
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
very intersting statistics! most people in my school do 3A2 + 1 AS. Is it just our school, or do many schools average applicants with 3A2s and 1AS?

PK

i think there are about half a dozen or so doing 4A-levels - school allows 4 max .
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Phil23)
very intersting statistics! most people in my school do 3A2 + 1 AS. Is it just our school, or do many schools average applicants with 3A2s and 1AS?

PK

i think there are about half a dozen or so doing 4A-levels - school allows 4 max .
Most people in our school do 3 A-levels, only a few do 3 A2 and 1 AS or 4 A-levels.

By the way, our school allow us to do a maximum of 5 A-levels (including or excluding GS if they wanted to).
swishmasta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i took 3AS and am taking the same now to a-level. i think it was kind of risky taking only 3AS, as i later on applied to imperial where most people did 4AS and some where even doing 4 alevels.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's not a risky thing to take 3 AS, as you will continue them to A-level. Hence, you will get 3 A-levels, that is what uni's want.
swishmasta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trev)
It's not a risky thing to take 3 AS, as you will continue them to A-level. Hence, you will get 3 A-levels, that is what uni's want.
hmm maybe not all that risky, but ive seen offers that stated say for example AAB plus another AS.
trev
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That rarely happens though. If you've done 3 A-levels and 1 AS, they might put that in an offer though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads