The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
chaoscomplex
Yes, the Maths building is ugly. It's unfortunate they built it in the 60s. And a mathematician donated the £28M that built the Tanaka building ...

that is very ironic :p:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
~Raphael~
Well who are the best rowing universities in the country then? Obviously the Boatrace could be confuzzling thangs for me, but I always thought that the competition, degree of popularity and intensity of rowing at Oxbridge would make them the best rowing unis in the country...Or should we be really having a Boatrace with Imperial in it instead? :eek:

The Oxbridge boatrace is to do with history and tradition, not with them necessarily having the best rowers. Anyway it seems like most of their main teams are made up of people who have come there just to row :p:, as opposed to study!
Seriously though, from what I've heard Imperial and other universities whoop Oxbridge's butts at rowing alot... (can't seem to find the link atm, am trying to dig it out) , the problem is, the only boatrace that gets alot of attention in the media is the oxbridge one and the other unis obviously dont have the chance to compete in that :frown:
Reply 42
The whole rowing discussion is really interesting..but what concerns her the most is the maths course itself.....which one is more difficult? The more challenging, the more suitable for her, i guess.
And she is kinda interested in the actuarial...finance kinda maths...
I am not really pushing her so hard on which one she should choose as firm..but i could see she is a bit worried that the maths course in oxford is a bit too up above the clouds :cool: ...too research oriented..

although for me, having a friend coming studying in imperial with me is always not bad.. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending