Taking my car to university Watch

This discussion is closed.
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Does anyone know if any of these unis have parking available at the uni or do i have to park in a few roads down form the uni.

Leeds
Manchester
Bristol
UCL

I know people gonna say "you dont need a car e.t.c, too expensive"

I kinda need my car, as im travel sick in trains. I probably have to travel some distance once a month for business purposes, it would just be convienent to park by the uni instead of going home then going out.

I think it's fine at bristol, but at ucl. Looks like it's gonna be difficult sorting that one out.
*Laura*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm at Manchester and there's no on campus parking here unless you are disabled. There aren't any streets that I can think of really near to the campus that you can park on or car parks. Car parks charge quite a lot (£8-£15 per day I think roughly) and you don't really wanna park your car in the street away from the main campus for too long...I saw a car with a smashed windscreen the other day :s
nas7232
Rep:
?

Not sure what im gonna do. Gonna be a mission going by bike on the motorway lol. If it's difficult at manchester it will probably be even more difficult at ucl :eek: .
hallucination
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by nas7232)

Not sure what im gonna do. Gonna be a mission going by bike on the motorway lol. If it's difficult at manchester it will probably be even more difficult at ucl :eek: .
UCL - no chance. Leeds has car parking facilites at some accommodation - costs quite a lot though. Just don't bother with the car and take some travel sickness pills when you have to go on the train!!
jamieuk20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Leeds you can park a few roads away but you have to get there damn early - about 8.20-8.30 to stand a chance. Should be all right if you have 9am lectures though. Forget about parking anywhere closer - wardens tend to come out in full force and parking inside the campus is for staff only. Better to get a term bus pass for about £60 (11 weeks) which you can obviously use to explore the nightlife - the buses run till about 3am on weekdays, generally about 30 min intervals after 8pm.

If you are seriously considering bringing your car up I would recommend installing some kind of security if you haven't already. I've had 2 cars the last 2 years I've been in Leeds - the first, a Fiat Punto got nicked but I recovered it, albeit with a £900 bill, and the second a VW Polo was almost broken into by some scallies but the alarm scared them off and I was left with a bill for window damage. ****ers.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just get the bus places instead of the train, look at national express, megabus and citylink

lou xxx
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
At Manchester when i went to the open day, the women from Owens Park said that they do have parking places for students for only £90 per term, but not sure if thats at all the halls, i think there's an option on the accom. form if you want to bring your car.
nas7232
Rep:
?

Sounds good. I'll ask leeds after my interview on tuesday too.

Asking questions after interview helped lowered my offer at manchester, hopefully it will have same effect at leeds.
Noel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I also thought Manchester had some parking spaces for students, although it may depend on which halls you choose.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
Bristol have places for cars in the Stoke Bishop halls, although you have to pay for a permit (~£100 I believe). When you get a house, it's quite possible that there'll be street parking with it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads