This discussion is closed.
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
this isnt a racist thread but i was just reading another thread on how white people are burning themselves raw to get a tanned skin. yet in india and africa women are buring their skin with chemicals to be fair.
comments?
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
this isnt a racist thread but i was just reading another thread on how white people are burning themselves raw to get a tanned skin. yet in india and africa women are buring their skin with chemicals to be fair.
comments?
People should be happy with who they are & what they look like. Natural is good
Va Va Voom
Report 14 years ago
most people seem to want what they don't have. just love the skin you're in
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
grass. greener. other. side.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
right, so now that the 'be happy' comments have been done: I prefer tanned skin...
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
right, so now that the 'be happy' comments have been done: I prefer tanned skin...
are you tanned?
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
are you tanned?
(I so want to say yes to that)
*sighs* no...

edit: Actually, while on holidays (which are unfortunately ending soon) I am quite tanned...
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
(I so want to say yes to that)
*sighs* no...
i think i recall you mentioning your hair colour once before...i didnt think you'd be able to answer yes
KingAS
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think bronzed / tanned chicks are like SO in haha, no seriously, they look hot.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I have a permanent tan but i know a lot of black people who use skin lightning creams to try adn even out their skin tone. By the same token some of my white friends use sunbeds like they are going out of fashion. :rolleyes:

I'm happy as i am. Never been sunburnt and never look pale
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

I have a permanent tan but i know a lot of black people who use skin lightning creams to try adn even out their skin tone. By the same token some of my white friends use sunbeds like they are going out of fashion. :rolleyes:

I'm happy as i am. Never been sunburnt and never look pale
pales best for me

but i guess you cant achieve that
canuck
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A bit of black Irish in ya will make you darker
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
pales best for me

but i guess you cant achieve that
I can if i turn my hands over
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
You're lucky, I have to go through a whole process to get a nice tan and not a become one huge sunburn
tago_mago
Report 14 years ago
i think pale skin can look healthy. Having said that, no-one wants to buy a white car do they? all the **** shows up
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
rofl!
Svivafia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They burn themselves with chemicals in india to get lighter skin? is that only in some parts- bc I have relatives in India and have been there (last time I went was Nov/Dec 2004) and none of them had burned skin....Ive never seen anyone w/ that. Hmm- maybe it's only in some parts of India??? I love my skin color- not really dark, but not light- just brownish i guess. 0_.
sleepyeba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm chinese so I'm "tanned" year round. But it's not so good sometimes - I tan really easily so if I haven't worn shorts/skirt in a while (like now, damn you winter) , I have pale yellow legs and deep brown arms... : I look a bit odd.

But I actually like my men pale. None of that gloopy stuff... the more translucent the better
parsimony
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i am rather fair and i like it that way total opposite of my brother..he is sooo tanned

where did you hear about the chemical indian and african women use to look more fair? i've never heard of it.. that soudns pretty unhealthy..

but dont ppl have the same problem with hair? blond ppl want to have dark hair.. curly want to be staight etc..
(haha i am originally dark blond but i dyed my hair red )
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
comments?
People always want what they don't have. Curly people want straight hair, straight hair people want curly etc...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads