This discussion is closed.
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by parsimony)
i am rather fair and i like it that way total opposite of my brother..he is sooo tanned

where did you hear about the chemical indian and african women use to look more fair? i've never heard of it.. that soudns pretty unhealthy..

but dont ppl have the same problem with hair? blond ppl want to have dark hair.. curly want to be staight etc..
(haha i am originally dark blond but i dyed my hair red )
they pretty much use a weak form of bleech in india... it can make skin look v patchy
kateington
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Apparently there's a lot of dispute about skin bleaching in India especially in beauty contents as it is often Indian's with lighter skins who win! As for me, I'm pale but, not in a freaky way! If i went on holiday i would tan and stuff but to be honest when i see completely orange people walking down the street who have been on sunbeds three times a week it really makes me smile. At the end of the day they're the ones that are gonna have skin cancer, not me! I have a friend who NEVER wears sun tan lotion, even when she went to Kenya for over a month and that's just dumbass. She's white so her skin can't handle that much UV!

Anyway, in the next twenty or so years, it'll b cool to be pale, because every Tom, **** and Harry will look the same colour as a mahogany chest of draws! I cant believe i just said every Tom, **** and Harry...
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
this isnt a racist thread but i was just reading another thread on how white people are burning themselves raw to get a tanned skin. yet in india and africa women are buring their skin with chemicals to be fair.
comments?
It's true that asian people in general would LOVE to be fair - it's how their beauty is judged in so many cases :eek:

I'm not too bothered about my own skin colour - in a way I suppose it's not bad because it's not too dark and not pale either. Just kinda, yellowy browny. :confused:
Mrs_F
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love to have a tan. I'm not going on holiday this year though and I'm so sad cos I'm gonna be white all year round. I hate being white in the summer, I feel so much better with a tan when wearing skirts etc.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lynseyweth)
I love to have a tan. I'm not going on holiday this year though and I'm so sad cos I'm gonna be white all year round. I hate being white in the summer, I feel so much better with a tan when wearing skirts etc.
Transparency
kateington
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
Transparency
que?
Mrs_F
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Transparency
EH? :confused:
sleepyeba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ramroff trying to use long words :p:
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lynseyweth)
pale people look like angels
and hey, its nice to be consistent! at least you don't have differential
tanning...
claire1987
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm permanently pale, and its awful! I can't even tan when I'm abroad. Having said that, I wouldn't risk my health, and I HATE being burnt, so I have to cover myself in sun lotion when it's hot tanned skin is more slimming and flattering as well, puh :mad:
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sleepyeba)
ramroff trying to use long words :p:
Rude :p:
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rude :p:
ARE you sure you don't mean to say.... "contumelious"??? :p:
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ARE you sure you don't mean to say.... "contumelious"??? :p:
You conniving little shrew
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:laugh: :rofl: :rofl:
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:laugh: :rofl: :rofl:
What's so funny I got the words right.. you are conniving, and you are a shrew, and those words were you perfectly well..

I challenge you to arguably say otherwise
kateington
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What's so funny I got the words right.. you are conniving, and you are a shrew, and those words were you perfectly well..

I challenge you to arguably say otherwise
You like insulting people don't you
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kateington)
You like insulting people don't you
you don't even know me :eek: you 20post poster
kateington
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you don't even know me :eek: you 20post poster
I have a friend who's been a member for a long time so therefore have been reading these boards for a long time. Just because I've only recently registered and have not posted as much as you doesn't mean i can't have an opinion. And from the posts of yours that I've read you like to stir
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
ok alot of people dont seem ot understand about the bleaching of skin. in india and parts of africa and i've heard also japan, fair skin is highly prized as it shows the women dont have to go to work in the field.

women use yoghurt/lemon or limes/vinegar to lighten skin, in addition to things like

http://www.jamaicans.com/articles/pr...leaching.shtml
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Personally i love english rose skin and cause I have dark hair and blue eys I can get away with fair skin, though it really depends on your clouring, some people just look ill with pale skin
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads