WHICH TO CHOOSE?Writtle-Warwickshire-Greenwich Watch

This discussion is closed.
RidingMaster
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I can't decide which university to choose for doing equine management course? I like theese 3 most: warwickshire, writtle and greenwich. Could anybody advice me please? :confused: I would like to get a good education and a job during studies.
RidingMaster
Oh, and I forgot to tell you that I am a foreign student so I can't come to an open day...
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've never heard of Writtle or Warwickshire universities, but avoid Greenwich. It isn't a very good university at all.
slurp_coke
Report 14 years ago
There will be so many factors that will influence your decision: living, costs, nightlife etc. Going to Greenwich will probably be more expensive primarily because it's in London.

The best thing to do is to research into this.
*hedgehog*
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would say Writtle. It is in beautiful surroundings, close to Chelmsford which has good shopping, nightlife etc but is still close enough to London, but without the expense. Also, Alan Tichmarsh a famous tv gardener went there!
RidingMaster
Living cost is almost the same everywhere. What concernes Greenwich, I would have to study in it's partner college which is em.. I don't know where. I was also thinking of Writtle, but is it really a good choice? What about Warwickshire? Does it have anything common with Warwick? I prefer living close to London. What to do...
RidingMaster
And what's not good about Greenwich? As far as I know it's expencive enough...
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RidingMaster)
And what's not good about Greenwich? As far as I know it's expencive enough...
It is, basically, a rather crap former polytechnic. It has a poor research rating and terrible teaching. Yes, the facilities may be ok (I seem to remember reading somewhere the main campus has been refurbished/rebuilt or something), but apart from that it is a place to avoid. It is near the bottom of practically every league table you can point a finger at! Eg.Times - 94th out of 99, Guardian - 87th out of 119.
dieeiervonsatan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
By warwickshire, do you mean warwick uni? If so then go there..
RidingMaster
Warwickshire college is not the same as warwick uni. If it was a partner college or something I would definately go there I got one more offer from Northampton for English/Equine studies. I would like to do this course, but what about this university?
RidingMaster
Decision: Writtle
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads