Research masters - I might apply Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Just had an email informaing me of a place for a research masters at Salford, its all about integerating SMS into their Virtual Learning system. Requirements are a 2:1 in my course or computer science.

However they will pay for the tuition fees and give you a bursery of £5500 a year. I doubt I have any chance of getting in it but its worth a try, I should be able to get a good reference of my tutor and a good reference from my boss who happens to have a PhD from my university.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thats great AT go for it!
slurp_coke
Report 14 years ago
There is an awful lot of people taking up masters primarily due to the fact that copious amounts of people are studying for single/join honours degrees now a days.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Since you live in manchester AT, why don't you apply for a research masters in Manchester uni. It's better than Salford. They also want a 2:1 requirement too.

By the way, what is the masters research course called? I am assuming this is an MPhil course.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Not sure its just a one off, research thing, there is only one place on it, its not a taught masters. There will be too much competiton at Manchester and I can't afford to to a masters, I can only afford this one becuase they give you quite a large busery. Its still a 5* department so I don't think the insitution will make any difference to the quality of the masters in this case especialy as its a research one.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.8%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.4%
Not great so far... (229)
35.45%
I want to drop out! (125)
19.35%

Watched Threads