Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We get ages (like nearly 4 months) off for Summer.

I have organised stuff to fill about a month but wonder if anyone could suggest stuff for the remaining three?

Thinking about going abroad, does anyone know any good websites that provide student packpacker tours or something?

ReputationRep:
    Same here Mark - 4 months off almost - im a uni student.

I will be travelling with intrepid travel (google this).

ReputationRep:
    I think that the uni year should be reorganised. It seems you are in overdrive for 24-28 weeks and then spend the rest of the year doing nothing.

How about a new system incorporating three shorter semesters and 5-6 week holidays?

In fact I would rather spend far more time at uni and get it done in two years. Apparantly you can do this at the unviersity of Buckinghamshire (the U.K's only private university).

ReputationRep:
    i'd love to bike vancouver - seattle - san francisco - los angeles - san diego - tijuana (mexico)... and if i still had money and energy.. mexico city. what a dream tour
    obviously, not lugging around tents/clothes... bring your dad's mastercard and stay at the hotels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    I think that the uni year should be reorganised. It seems you are in overdrive for 24-28 weeks and then spend the rest of the year doing nothing.

How about a new system incorporating three shorter semesters and 5-6 week holidays?

In fact I would rather spend far more time at uni and get it done in two years. Apparantly you can do this at the unviersity of Buckinghamshire (the U.K's only private university).
    the 4month holidays are very convenient for ppl who want to work..they usually go abroat to america to earn money for their next year at Uni..

why dont you travel arounf europe and visit all the interesting festivals like LoveParade in Berlin or similar stuff?? (but its fun only if you are with friends..)
    :thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    If you want to travel and see the world whilst learning something, check out this site, it looks really good.

Alternatively, you could work in an American summer camp for the hols, teaching kids the skills that you possess check out this site for info

If you just want to travel round and get cheap deals, check out this site

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.