What should I do in the summer?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
We get ages (like nearly 4 months) off for Summer.

I have organised stuff to fill about a month but wonder if anyone could suggest stuff for the remaining three?

Thinking about going abroad, does anyone know any good websites that provide student packpacker tours or something?
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Same here Mark - 4 months off almost - im a uni student.

I will be travelling with intrepid travel (google this).
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I think that the uni year should be reorganised. It seems you are in overdrive for 24-28 weeks and then spend the rest of the year doing nothing.

How about a new system incorporating three shorter semesters and 5-6 week holidays?

In fact I would rather spend far more time at uni and get it done in two years. Apparantly you can do this at the unviersity of Buckinghamshire (the U.K's only private university).
sleepyeba
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'd love to bike vancouver - seattle - san francisco - los angeles - san diego - tijuana (mexico)... and if i still had money and energy.. mexico city. what a dream tour
obviously, not lugging around tents/clothes... bring your dad's mastercard and stay at the hotels
parsimony
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I think that the uni year should be reorganised. It seems you are in overdrive for 24-28 weeks and then spend the rest of the year doing nothing.

How about a new system incorporating three shorter semesters and 5-6 week holidays?

In fact I would rather spend far more time at uni and get it done in two years. Apparantly you can do this at the unviersity of Buckinghamshire (the U.K's only private university).
the 4month holidays are very convenient for ppl who want to work..they usually go abroat to america to earn money for their next year at Uni..

why dont you travel arounf europe and visit all the interesting festivals like LoveParade in Berlin or similar stuff?? (but its fun only if you are with friends..)
:thrasher:
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If you want to travel and see the world whilst learning something, check out this site, it looks really good.

Alternatively, you could work in an American summer camp for the hols, teaching kids the skills that you possess check out this site for info

If you just want to travel round and get cheap deals, check out this site

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (195)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.66%
I still don't know (100)
17.06%

Watched Threads