As Level General Studies 'What it is to be British'

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I hate open ended questions like this and just end up waffling for 2 pages about nothing related to the question. Can someone guide me on topics to follow etc?
TK0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
look this is really not hard, general studies u have to do no work for, just read a paper once a week for the year, and when u get an open question, just pick something you know a bit about and explain it in an answer like you would to a 8 year old. easy
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If anyone would be so kind as to try an answer the question (what is it to be British) I would be very pleased.
BABYGUY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
well lookat the postive aspects:

heritage - royal family blaahhhhhhh
economic strength - wealthy nation -political leader
popular country - asylum seekers like it - peaceful country - good laws
talk about some past history stuff about what makes eing british good
maybe some stuff aboutn sport - because often people are proud to support tehir nation in sport - i.e.) world cup 66 success. essays on being british can involve the sporting achievemnts that people are proud of. end of the day, people take more notice in the world cup and watching an important england match than voting (its true!!).

if i were you, i would pick 6 key things/aspects that would make people value the importance of being british, and write about these and what impact it has on britsh people. i .e) in terms of being proud because of it.

ohh yes, and i agree, this is one easy, mark scoring essay!
cimmie
Report 17 years ago
- driving on the wrong side of the road
- eating strange ugly food
- using his one units
- drinking tea at 5 o'clock

:rolleyes:
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by BABYGUY)
well lookat the postive aspects:

heritage - royal family blaahhhhhhh
economic strength - wealthy nation -political leader
popular country - asylum seekers like it - peaceful country - good laws
talk about some past history stuff about what makes eing british good
maybe some stuff aboutn sport - because often people are proud to support tehir nation in sport - i.e.) world cup 66 success. essays on being british can involve the sporting achievemnts that people are proud of. end of the day, people take more notice in the world cup and watching an important england match than voting (its true!!).

if i were you, i would pick 6 key things/aspects that would make people value the importance of being british, and write about these and what impact it has on britsh people. i .e) in terms of being proud because of it.

ohh yes, and i agree, this is one easy, mark scoring essay!
That isn't answering the question, just attempting to glorify Britain.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by cimmie)
- using his one units

Hahaha don't get me started cimmie!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm back, so what are we *****ing about now?
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I'm back, so what are we *****ing about now?
Nehiiiiiiiiii!!! Maaro saale ko!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Nehiiiiiiiiii!!! Maaro saale ko!
Whats up?
cimmie
Report 17 years ago
Hahaha don't get me started cimmie!
start what you want, i said it befor: don't take me too serious
so just start, i am able to laugh at the germans as well as you do
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Whats up?
Just kidding mate!
Now cimmie is having a go at being British (jokingly of course). God BABYGUY aka Maskall is annoying, I had to put up with his PMs for an hour at least. Oh well I'm just a safe guy
cimmie
Report 17 years ago
- using his one units

sorry:
using their own units :rolleyes: isn't it?
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Just kidding mate!
Now cimmie is having a go at being British (jokingly of course). God BABYGUY aka Maskall is annoying, I had to put up with his PMs for an hour at least. Oh well I'm just a safe guy
Hahaha you too? I had that about 4 ddays ago. 'Is Comp Sci a good degree?', 'What uni is best?' 'should I drop maths', 'look at that guy that couldn't do that equation', all stupid stuff. lol.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
start what you want, i said it befor: don't take me too serious
so just start, i am able to laugh at the germans as well as you do
Mate I'm joking too! We have a jokey stereotype in Britain that Germans have no sense of humour. You've been on this forum a bit, how would you compare our humour (which probably isn't a fair indicator of British humour in general - doh!) to the German sense of humour?
cimmie
Report 17 years ago
Mate I'm joking too! We have a jokey stereotype in Britain that Germans have no sense of humour. You've been on this forum a bit, how would you compare our humour (which probably isn't a fair indicator of British humour in general - doh!) to the German sense of humour?
i notice that we have a different humour. I interpreted your sentences as you were irritated of my post. :confused:
But i would define myself as very funny!!
YES I AM!!
LOOK AT THAT SMILIE: <- am i funny???? I AM!

:rolleyes: its hard to entertain and understand you with my bad vocabulay.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
You see you all made the same mistake i did, its British, not English. If it was English itd be easier. But you have to look at the culture of Scots and Welsh etc
Nemo
Report 17 years ago
All you need to do is write what it means to you to be British, when you've done that write other peoples opinions and what you think it means to them (eg. royalists) then at the end do a little bit of summing up of your own oppinions again
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.05%
No (514)
48.95%

Watched Threads