Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just came back from scotland + fell in love with this guys voice (he's a family friend) + he's got the sexiet glaswegian accent. so which place really does have the sexiest accent?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yes...A nice Scottish accent for me please.

But I've also come to be very much attracted to a nice male Japanese voice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yes...A nice Scottish accent for me please.

But I've also come to be very much attracted to a nice male Japanese voice.
    have you been watching those strange cartoons again? i also like the irish and geodie accents, oh yeah and yorkshire (if it's sean bean).

what accents do people
    hate? and why?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    A lot of foreign countries
    for example.....France, Italy, Spain would be the main.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    have you been watching those strange cartoons again? i also like the irish and geodie accents, oh yeah and yorkshire (if it's sean bean).

what accents do people
    hate? and why?

lou xxx
    I wouldn't want to offend anyone by saying what I hate. I bet most people hate the scouse accent but I actually really like it lol. Liverpoodlians make me laugh.

a hint of yorkshire manlyhood is all that needs to knock a true woman off her feet

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like the Scottish accent, particularly if employed by a drunken fool hurling racist abuse...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I really don't like the Scottish accent, particularly if employed by a drunken fool hurling racist abuse...
    yeah i agree about the srunken racist thing, but that can be said about all accents... but i jus love the lilt of the scottish accent when it's quite soft, it just has a really nice tone about it... hmmm.,. thinks about cute guy she left in glasgow....

lou xxx

what about yorkshire manlyhood???? Have u forgoten that????

ReputationRep:
    yeah i agree about the srunken racist thing, but that can be said about all accents... but i jus love the lilt of the scottish accent when it's quite soft, it just has a really nice tone about it... hmmm.,. thinks about cute guy she left in glasgow....

lou xxx
    <in strong Cockney accent> awight love, how you doin'? The word of the day is 'legs', why don't you come round mine and spread the word?
    Heeheehee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    <in strong Cockney accent> awight love, how you doin'? The word of the day is 'legs', why don't you come round mine and spread the word?
    Heeheehee
    lol, do you find that often works? my ex-boyfriend had a similar one that was 'nice legs, what time do they open?' (that wasn't how he asked me out- he only used it when he was messing around)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=purple]have you been watching those strange cartoons again?
    *hangs head and blushes* :P

what accents do people
    hate? and why?
    I really don't want to offend anyone on here, but I really dislike some American accents. I realise they are different in different regions.
    I recently purchased a DVD of a very good series that I've seen in Japanese (yes...another one of 'those strange cartoons' (I really need to calm this addiction!)). The series has been dubbed in these completely corrupting American accents that just turned these (some very very yummy) characters into *can't think of word to describe horror*...it was quite appauling! Luckily there's a subbed option too though so that's alright, but all the same- Why?!

ReputationRep:
    lol, do you find that often works? my ex-boyfriend had a similar one that was 'nice legs, what time do they open?' (that wasn't how he asked me out- he only used it when he was messing around)

lou xxx
    Lou, nothing works

ReputationRep:
    I really hate that sickly American accent that people like Britney Spears make so irritatingly famous.
    Away from accents I also, like toally hate that Californian surfer dude speech, like, it's just so, like, non-non-heinous! I also really hate that thing that came from Neighbours and Home And Away, when people end their sentences like a question, when it isn't even a question? Arggg!

Everything works in a yorkshire accent

ReputationRep:
    you forgot the welsh.

love Katy ***

Received Pronunciation is the best accent

James Bond is an example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Received Pronunciation is the best accent

James Bond is an example
    Huh???

My fellow unregi is saying that Pierce Brosnan is saying in the Queens English, ie raaaa type stuff

ReputationRep:
    What, the ho-hum style?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.